GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Read only files on CD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 13:51
"I flutter everywher"
I decided to copy some files from my ;aptop to a desktop using a CD. The only problem is that, Although the files have no attributes (or are archive) on my laptop, when they are written to the CD they become read only. Then when I put them on my desktop pc, they remain read only and will not work. I have already put them on the desktop but do not know if there is a quick solution/ Or do I have to delete them and start again using loads of 3 1/2 inch floppies.
Sat 27/12/03 at 19:23
Regular
You can download a freeware utility from http://www.davidcrowell.com/croa.html . All you have to do is right click on a directory and choose 'Clear Read-Only Attributes'.

the borg
Sat 27/12/03 at 17:40
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Er, what did you expect? You can't write to a CD more than once, unless it's a CDRW. Copy the files from your CD to your desktop computer, and you should be able to use them as you would on your laptop. If the read-only attribute is set (and that's screwing things up), you can select all the files you copied->right-click->properties, and untick read-only.
Sat 27/12/03 at 13:51
"I flutter everywher"
I decided to copy some files from my ;aptop to a desktop using a CD. The only problem is that, Although the files have no attributes (or are archive) on my laptop, when they are written to the CD they become read only. Then when I put them on my desktop pc, they remain read only and will not work. I have already put them on the desktop but do not know if there is a quick solution/ Or do I have to delete them and start again using loads of 3 1/2 inch floppies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.