GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revised "Pest" table Idea"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/07/09 at 11:43
Regular
Sorry to start a new thread but the table one was getting a bit full.

Thank you to everyone for the advice on my "Pest" table thread

But after a slight re think and taking into mind hmmm's suggestion on search engines perhaps it would be better if I use a two column table with an image on the left and some text on the right, perhaps just putting a brief summary of that pest in the text box then a link to "read more on brown rats" at the end, this should solve my lining up problem and increase the usage of the keywords (I think)

comments/ideas?
Fri 31/07/09 at 18:34
Regular
will do thanks :-)
Fri 31/07/09 at 14:54
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hey Dograt,

Warhunt is having a well deserved day off today which is why you've waited a while for a reply!

I've had a look at the work in progress version of the testsm page and the images you've used on the page look so much better.

They are really clear and good quality too - If it was my site I'd stick with these!
Fri 31/07/09 at 12:52
Regular
Is that looking any better?
Thu 30/07/09 at 16:20
Regular
Ok cool didnt want to continue editing the images if its not going to be worth it

I have lots of proper images so they may be alot better I was just going with the transparent thing as I thought it may look good but you are right its just not working

I will mess about with the images a bit and have another try :-)
Thu 30/07/09 at 15:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I like the idea it just does not look effective. If you could clean up the images that would be fine. The brown rat is pretty decent quality but the quality of declines from there. The common wasp is particularly distorted.

I love the site as you know, but I don't think those images do you justice. Maybe put a framed white background on your images?
Thu 30/07/09 at 15:38
Regular
http://www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk/preview.php?part_id=30969&page=testsm.html

HONEST opinions please. More to complete but this will give you an idea, or would you prefer a table ? does it look amateur or ok?

Thanks as always

OOPs was i supposed to take out the preview.php?part_id= bit I think
Thu 30/07/09 at 13:40
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ha ha I'm sticking with it :P

Even I'm not right all of the time ;) And I have an ego the size of a small thirld world country.

And yeah Dog, don't get too wrapped up in it. Remember getting people into your site is all well and good, but if the customers then look at the design and don't like it........

Although personally I quite like your site.
Thu 30/07/09 at 13:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi Dograt,
Either way would work fine - it all depends on how you want things to look really.

You could use an image with just the 'keywords' below or a short text snippet leading visitors to the full info.

Either option would be better than the example site you found as their text was just part of the image.

Don't get too fixated with Search Engines! Sometimes you have to compromise a little so as to get the design you are after.

Warhunt wrote:
> ... to be fair Hmmm.... does know what he is doing most of the time.

Most of the time ???! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 30/07/09 at 12:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sounds like a plan, and to be fair Hmmm.... does know what he is doing most of the time.

EDIT: Plus one of the IP templates is in the format you need (pictures scrolling verticaly down the left)
Thu 30/07/09 at 11:43
Regular
Sorry to start a new thread but the table one was getting a bit full.

Thank you to everyone for the advice on my "Pest" table thread

But after a slight re think and taking into mind hmmm's suggestion on search engines perhaps it would be better if I use a two column table with an image on the left and some text on the right, perhaps just putting a brief summary of that pest in the text box then a link to "read more on brown rats" at the end, this should solve my lining up problem and increase the usage of the keywords (I think)

comments/ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.