GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another marvel of DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/03/01 at 23:53
Regular
Well i shall tell you a tale.....
The other night i had a bit of the old insomnia, and for some reason i thought i`d put a DVD on. With it being the early hours of the morning i couldn`t very well have all my speaker blaring that lovely dolby around the room. So it was headphones time, i put Gladiator in, and sat back and started to watch it, lights off, headphones on style.
Then as the music was pumping in my ears, i thought i`d turn the tv off and just relax and listen to the action of the movie.
And WOW! what a experience, where as before the marvel of DVD if you plugged your headphones in and listened to a VHS tape or the TV it was a bit spoiled by the hissss, but with DVD you get no hiss and without the picture i could visulise the moments of the movie by just the sound, every word crystal clear and in Gladiators case every sword that was whacked about.
And it did cure insomnia as after the movie i went straight to sleep:)
So try it, and find another marvel from the magic box of trick`s called your DVD player.
One tip though, don`t try South Park the movie, as your giggling and singing along with the songs would probably wake the house up....hehe!
Thu 30/07/09 at 09:53
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
WELCOME
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:21
Yep, exactly, put a DVD on with out the picture and it shows what excellent sound it is by it`self, and it proves that everyone can enjoy DVD, such as blind or partially sighted people who cannot enjoy the picture can have as much joy by listening to the sound of the movie and soundtrack, and with no hissssssss.
The format could be used as to it`s potenial by cramming more data on such as a talkable book`s, you have now books on CD and tape, but you obviousley get more onto a DVD and the quality would be better.
A example would be your favourite book spoken by the author or by a `star`, you already have `stars` from a movie talking a commentry on certain DVD`s so why not more use of this format in other area`s such as books & music and not just movies.
Tue 20/03/01 at 18:10
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
You want us all to listen to a DVD film, without actually watching anything!Oooooookay then?!
Mon 19/03/01 at 23:53
Well i shall tell you a tale.....
The other night i had a bit of the old insomnia, and for some reason i thought i`d put a DVD on. With it being the early hours of the morning i couldn`t very well have all my speaker blaring that lovely dolby around the room. So it was headphones time, i put Gladiator in, and sat back and started to watch it, lights off, headphones on style.
Then as the music was pumping in my ears, i thought i`d turn the tv off and just relax and listen to the action of the movie.
And WOW! what a experience, where as before the marvel of DVD if you plugged your headphones in and listened to a VHS tape or the TV it was a bit spoiled by the hissss, but with DVD you get no hiss and without the picture i could visulise the moments of the movie by just the sound, every word crystal clear and in Gladiators case every sword that was whacked about.
And it did cure insomnia as after the movie i went straight to sleep:)
So try it, and find another marvel from the magic box of trick`s called your DVD player.
One tip though, don`t try South Park the movie, as your giggling and singing along with the songs would probably wake the house up....hehe!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.