GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Love Zelda..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
I've been playing through the Collector's Edition recently and in the earlier Zelda games (1 and 2) it's amazing how many little things have been taken from them and put into more recent titles, like OOT.

For example, the second boss is Dodongo. In OoT there's a legend about someone slaying him (in this case, Link again) and he even has the same weaknesses.

But what's even better is in Zelda II; looking at the names of villages, they all seem to names of the Sages from OoT. Saria, Ruto... it's a nice littl;e touch.

Am I sad for noticing this? Yes, probably, but it still rocks :-D

Oh, and where the hell's the fourth dungeon on the firsat Zelda, I've found the 6th... but no 4th. Also, what do the blue armour and fence thingy do?

Zelda rules.
Wed 31/12/03 at 01:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I hate to break the clamour over a Zelda film, but it's been done...

BEFORE THE GAMES!

The film is "Legend". Directed by Ridley Scott (Top Gun, Bladerunner and Gladiator) and staring Tom Cruise, it's plot is:

"Tom Cruise stars in this visually-stunning fantasy adventure in which pure good and evil battle to the death amidst spectacular surroundings. Set in a timeless mythical forest inhabited by fairies, goblins, unicorns and mortals, this fantastic story has Tom Cruise, a mystical forest dweller, chosen by fate to undertake a heroic quest. He must save a beautiful princess, Mia Sara, and defeat the demonic Lord of Darkness, Tim Curry, or the world will be plunged into a never-ending ice age. Co-starring Billy Barty and Alice Playten and directed by Ridley Scott, famed for his remarkable settings and unparalleled imagery, the incredibly realized fable is the stuff movie legends are made of. "

The "Ulimate Edition" of the film has great reviews.

Anyway, there are plenty of people who think Miyamoto lifted ideas from the film... such as the name, plot and characters!

SonicRav
Tue 30/12/03 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> Link's Awakening is great, but Link ot the Past is better in every
> way.

Well so far, I'd say it's only better graphically.

I don't like the controls, I prefer Link's Awakening's double selectable item, and pressing R to push/pull is pointless.
The story is crappy, I'm being told to go there, do this, and I have the whole map to explore, whereas in L'sA while you were told to go do stuff, it was more than walk from one side of the map to another. In L'sA you started off in your village, and gradually became able to acsess more and more of the world.
And when Link is fighting, you actually have to stop jabbing the little sword to change direction, very annoying.
Tue 30/12/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Notable"
Indeed. The shops were you get to open two chests....so addictive.
Tue 30/12/03 at 11:22
Regular
Link's Awakening is great, but Link ot the Past is better in every way. Especially some of the parts in the dark world. I waaaant ittt!
Tue 30/12/03 at 02:52
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
tphi wrote:

> I grew up with Link's Awakening, which so far I'd say is far
> superior.

Just stick with Zelda games :o)
Tue 30/12/03 at 00:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Just got LttP, played it for a couple of hours.. can't say I'm too impressed.. does it get better?

I grew up with Link's Awakening, which so far I'd say is far superior.
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:53
Regular
leflus wrote:
> fence wqorks like a little bridge over small rivers

How do you use it? I can't seem to select it and just trying to walk into the river doesn't work. It's starting to annoy me now because I've found dungeons 5 and 6, but can't find the 4th one and have a feeling it on the left of the river near the falling boulders.

Muh.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The godfather bores the hell out of me.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:43
Regular
Well, it's certainly better than The Matrix trilogy (even thought the original Matrix is my favourite film) and probably on a par with the original Star Wars trilogy. I'm not sure about it being better than the Godfather trilogy but, credit where credit's due, it's a brilliant set of films nonetheless and excellently made.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
LOTR trilogy > Any other film trilogy/series

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.