GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suggestions Welcome"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 12:39
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Basically its this site my brother made, but he isnt a member here and he wanted some suggestions about his new website he just designed and made. He had previously made one on the wap that has a successful 2.6 million visitors from the year 2001, so he has now brought it to the web and wants you to say how it could be improved. Its all about phone downloads and stuff, you know the sort.

www.kobrawap.co.uk

Its got a few entertaining bits on there such as member photos, so if you could have a look and give some suggestions he would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
The thing about right-click prevention is that
a) It's annoying
b) It's JavaScript dependant
c) It can be very, very easily negated as Phil pointed out
d) it looks unfriendly.
Mon 29/12/03 at 15:13
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah I did tell him about the spell check, but oh well. As for the colours, he did want them quite simple like his wap site.
Sun 28/12/03 at 17:56
Regular
It would look better if the left and right menus were the same height (preferably the height of the centre frame). At the moment it looks like a unix consol - fine if that is what you were aiming for, but a couple more colours would be nice. Also it needs optimising for Mozilla/netscape and a good spell check.

the borg
Sun 28/12/03 at 15:44
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Any more suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.
Wed 24/12/03 at 15:51
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Okay I will tell him, thanks a lot for all your suggestions so far.
Wed 24/12/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:
one of the members has offered to pay for it, so it should be a lot
> better.

Tell them not to bother.

Change your host and you can upload your own forum, it will be faster, more customisable and be free.

www.staghosting.com

Tell him not to waste his money paying for a forum like that, get one on his site, he can have the URL http://forums.kobrawap.co.uk, it looks far better.
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:26
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
fiƒi[oV] wrote:
> First thing springing to mind: lose the right mouse button blocking
> thing. It achieves nothing, anyone determined to take something will
> not be foiled by something you can circumvent by just right clicking
> on a toolbar and dragging the mouse down, then releasing it..

About this right click thing, its great to have your comments about the site, but can I just ask one question, Why would you need to right click on the site? Are you trying to copy something?
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:05
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
When you say about the scroll bar thing, do you mean when you click on the polytones part where it has two scroll bars when there should only be one? He has tried to sought this out, but no luck so far. And as for the forum, its adverts and stuff will be removed soon, because one of the members has offered to pay for it, so it should be a lot better.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Agree with the right mouse thing, it's stupid and pointless. It prevents nothing apart from turning people away from the site.

The colour scheme is very basic, black and sky blue. Very boring. Try a lighter scheme.

Don't use frames. They cause lots of problems. The frame doesn't allow you to read everything without scrolling down. It would look far better if the text was displayed within the page.

Needs a decent logo at the top.

The fonts need to be changed all to Verdana or something, there's a mixture at the moment. Keep the font size smallish too, large fonts don't look very good.

And where's he hosted? Get a decent host so that he doesn't have to use a freebie forum. www.staghosting.com if he wants a good free host with no adverts plus he can host a forum on his own space.
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:47
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah I will tell him, thanks, you had another suggestion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.