GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Tony Hawk’s Underground 2"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tony Hawk's Underground 2'.
Wed 29/07/09 at 14:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
The sixth game in the long running Tony Hawk series. I picked this up a few years back for 99p brand new. I really couldn’t understand why it was that cheap. Sure it had been out for a couple of years, but it didn’t make sense. The only reason I could think of was that it wasn’t the latest in the series and because of that, the value had gone down. Similar to football games. The likes of FIFA 04 will now cost nothing at all, because they’re far back in the series.

The Story. You begin as a normal skater, before being stolen by a van. Strange beginning. You use a created skater for the story mode, so yes, you won’t be very good at the start. Bam Margera and Tony Hawk want to take everyone on a World Destruction Tour, in other words, a skating tour. The group splits into 2 teams, Team Bam and Team Hawk. You end up on Team Hawk (seeing as Bam chooses a kid in a wheelchair over you). The catch of the tour is that whichever team loses must pay for the entire tour.

So the way a team wins is by completing the most tasks. These tasks could include tricking over a landmark, grinding a super-long rail or skitching a car (holding on to the back of a car while on a board). Different locations you go to will have different goals. You may also be challenged to a race, or have special goals like knock the central statues head off. Celebrity guests also feature. Once you find them, you can swap between your player and them. You also have to complete the celebrity goals. Once you’ve done all the goals, you move onto the next area. The team who has the most points from achieving goals at the end of the game wins.

You get scores for completing tricks. Tricks are scored on a mixture of the complexity of the trick, the length of the trick and also the landing. The score is then multiplied by the number of tricks performed in the combo. This is the same way that tricks have always been scored in Tony Hawk’s.

If you don’t want to do the story mode, you can just go in free mode, and skate to your hearts content, but the story mode will allow you to unlock new stages to skate in.

The create a skater mode is very good. There is a lot to change from hair colour to shoe colour. You can make a tiny character, or a humungous character. The extremes are up to you.

All the Tony Hawk games are pretty similar. The story in this game is comical and makes you want to play. The inclusion of Bam Margera makes the game more stunt like compared with previous games, and Bam obviously adds the comedy value of the game. For those of you who have played the previous Hawk games, you won’t notice too much difference. It’s a game worth getting though if you’re new to the skating genre game.

Game Rating: 5/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 29/07/09 at 14:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
The sixth game in the long running Tony Hawk series. I picked this up a few years back for 99p brand new. I really couldn’t understand why it was that cheap. Sure it had been out for a couple of years, but it didn’t make sense. The only reason I could think of was that it wasn’t the latest in the series and because of that, the value had gone down. Similar to football games. The likes of FIFA 04 will now cost nothing at all, because they’re far back in the series.

The Story. You begin as a normal skater, before being stolen by a van. Strange beginning. You use a created skater for the story mode, so yes, you won’t be very good at the start. Bam Margera and Tony Hawk want to take everyone on a World Destruction Tour, in other words, a skating tour. The group splits into 2 teams, Team Bam and Team Hawk. You end up on Team Hawk (seeing as Bam chooses a kid in a wheelchair over you). The catch of the tour is that whichever team loses must pay for the entire tour.

So the way a team wins is by completing the most tasks. These tasks could include tricking over a landmark, grinding a super-long rail or skitching a car (holding on to the back of a car while on a board). Different locations you go to will have different goals. You may also be challenged to a race, or have special goals like knock the central statues head off. Celebrity guests also feature. Once you find them, you can swap between your player and them. You also have to complete the celebrity goals. Once you’ve done all the goals, you move onto the next area. The team who has the most points from achieving goals at the end of the game wins.

You get scores for completing tricks. Tricks are scored on a mixture of the complexity of the trick, the length of the trick and also the landing. The score is then multiplied by the number of tricks performed in the combo. This is the same way that tricks have always been scored in Tony Hawk’s.

If you don’t want to do the story mode, you can just go in free mode, and skate to your hearts content, but the story mode will allow you to unlock new stages to skate in.

The create a skater mode is very good. There is a lot to change from hair colour to shoe colour. You can make a tiny character, or a humungous character. The extremes are up to you.

All the Tony Hawk games are pretty similar. The story in this game is comical and makes you want to play. The inclusion of Bam Margera makes the game more stunt like compared with previous games, and Bam obviously adds the comedy value of the game. For those of you who have played the previous Hawk games, you won’t notice too much difference. It’s a game worth getting though if you’re new to the skating genre game.

Game Rating: 5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.