GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah Humbug!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 10:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Usually at this time of year I am full of festive spirit and looking forward to Christmas eve/day and celebrations with friends and family. But something turned the way I am feeling.

Lying in bed just before 5am I heard a noise in the Garden, thought it was my older brother comming back from a night out and not having his key. Then seen some light shinning quickly a few times into my blinds. Straight away my mind jumped to torch light and I lept out of bed. Looked out of blinds to the garden and the backdoor below. Too dark to see properly and the roof meant I couldn't see the backdoor properly but as soon as I heard the next noise I knew someone was trying to break in.

I went in and called my dad, as soon as he turned over to get out of bed I went downstairs.
Nobody was in the house, think switching the light on had caused them to run, guess we were lucky in a way that I had heard them and they didn't get in and get their grubby little mits on anything.

I'm mega peee'd off though,glass in door is totally shattered and in a way I wish I had caught someone in my house just so I could have took some kind of revenge. Mad my views on the laws and rights of criminals stronger but I'll save that for another thread in the life forum.

Just hope nobody else near by was broken into and actually had stuff taken, police came round but we live on the edge of a forest and they had a look around but wasn't much else they could do. Seen them drive around for a few hours afterwards so hopefully they caught the people who tried to get in.

Hopefully get the glass sorted later on and hear back from police later, then maybe can get back to getting house ready for Christmas day....

Bah
Tue 23/12/03 at 10:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Usually at this time of year I am full of festive spirit and looking forward to Christmas eve/day and celebrations with friends and family. But something turned the way I am feeling.

Lying in bed just before 5am I heard a noise in the Garden, thought it was my older brother comming back from a night out and not having his key. Then seen some light shinning quickly a few times into my blinds. Straight away my mind jumped to torch light and I lept out of bed. Looked out of blinds to the garden and the backdoor below. Too dark to see properly and the roof meant I couldn't see the backdoor properly but as soon as I heard the next noise I knew someone was trying to break in.

I went in and called my dad, as soon as he turned over to get out of bed I went downstairs.
Nobody was in the house, think switching the light on had caused them to run, guess we were lucky in a way that I had heard them and they didn't get in and get their grubby little mits on anything.

I'm mega peee'd off though,glass in door is totally shattered and in a way I wish I had caught someone in my house just so I could have took some kind of revenge. Mad my views on the laws and rights of criminals stronger but I'll save that for another thread in the life forum.

Just hope nobody else near by was broken into and actually had stuff taken, police came round but we live on the edge of a forest and they had a look around but wasn't much else they could do. Seen them drive around for a few hours afterwards so hopefully they caught the people who tried to get in.

Hopefully get the glass sorted later on and hear back from police later, then maybe can get back to getting house ready for Christmas day....

Bah
Tue 23/12/03 at 10:42
Regular
Some people are cruel nob heads.

They try to take advantage of the season, just because they were idiots at school and got no qualifications. There's a place for them at McDonalds, so why they need to try and break into people's houses is beyond me.
Tue 23/12/03 at 10:52
Regular
Glad to hear nothing was swiped!

A lot of break-ins happen round my neighbourhood - although not as much as there used to be - and it's really annoying that these cretins can't earn their money like the rest of us do.

I have devised a deterrent/death trap for this type of filth - sellotape an exposed electrical cable round all of your presents. Or you could lay bear traps around the tree. Or you could attach razor blades/wire to the edges of the presents. Or you could etc etc.

The thing about my are though, is that all the theives are well known, so if I get robbed (touch wood I won't), I know who to go looking for - and believe me, they will pay. The police are useless (in Leeds, anyway) (sorry English Bloke!) so I tend not to disturb them from their 'valuable time' anymore.
Tue 23/12/03 at 10:55
Regular
DW Jnr. wrote:
> They try to take advantage of the season, just because they were
> idiots at school and got no qualifications. There's a place for them
> at McDonalds, so why they need to try and break into people's houses
> is beyond me.

You mean to work there or to rob there? Both? OK.

Back when I worked at Mickey D's, we had a few break-ins - one particularly amusing one was when the mongs broke in on the customer side (so the shutters prevented them from accessing the safe etc.), they went at the payphone on the wall, realised their wooden bat was no match for it, left the bat and took off with a straw dispenser!

The intelligence of some people really is disturbing...
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:55
Regular
yeah, I'd be severely tempted not to switch any lights on, just so I could sneak downstairs and catch them at it.

I used to have a large iron bar under my bed, but go rid of that ages ago. the closest thing to hand now would be a samurai sword I bought not so long ago. it's blunt, but applied generously to someones arm, I believe it could cause a nice breakage.

sub human scum.
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:56
Regular
*got
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
Glad to hear nothing was stolen Aliboy, I actually sympathised with your post then. Must of been a scary experiance at the time, but it's good that you woke up in the nick of time to scare them off.

It's these illiterate phillistines that make society look bad, I think they should all die.

In hell.
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:19
Regular
ßulle††™ wrote:
> I have devised a deterrent/death trap for this type of filth -
> sellotape an exposed electrical cable round all of your presents. Or
> you could lay bear traps around the tree. Or you could attach razor
> blades/wire to the edges of the presents. Or you could etc etc.

Or you could simply just keep the presents stored away in a room right in the middle of the house, of which access is slept across by three dogs, and has three bedrooms surrounding it. there. Well, that's the configuration in my hoM.
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Light of the world"
damn that sounds just great at Christmas but im sure that crimes like these rise dramatically over christmas. Must of given you a hell of a shock though - things like this that knock you outta spirit but be thankful for the good not the bad. Although it was awful nothing was stolen thank god - don;t let the *insert nastiest word here* ruin it for you
Tue 23/12/03 at 17:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Door window got boarded up earlier and I doubt that someone would be stupid enough to come back to the house after a failed attempt.
Police should phone late tonight with any news they have on it but I doubt they would have been able to catch anyone.

Think what annoys me the most is there are people out there who would happily break in and steal stuff from people at Christmas. Could you imagine getting up on Christmas day to find all your gifts gone.

Has made me more aware though, place where I live has always avoided the attention of break ins etc but I guess in this day and age there are always going to be those (insert naughty word of your choice) who refuse to abide by the law and don't really have a care for anyone but themselves.

Not going to let it ruin Christmas

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.