GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Game Party"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Game Party'.
Tue 28/07/09 at 17:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
Whilst reading this review, forget about the likes of Call of Duty and Gears of War. This is a budget title, and as such, doesn’t deliver top quality. The game is made for use by everyone. In other words, isn’t too challenging. The cost to buy it is very cheap, and the cost to make it is even cheaper. That’s some of the bad points out the way. Let's go through the rest.

Down to the actual gameplay element. As I said, it’s a game that doesn’t require you to put in an 8-hour game session complete, partly because you can’t really complete it. It’s themed as a sort of carnival, and there are 7 games to keep you busy.

These games are:

-Hoop Shoot, where you just throw a basketball at the basket
-Darts, where there are a variety of different modes to play
-Table hockey, which is impossible to control
-Ping Cup, where you bounce a table tennis ball into a number of cups. Exciting!
-Shuffle Board, where you slide your pucks into score zones
-Skill Ball, where you roll a ball into different score holes
-Trivia, A normal trivia quiz with 5 different categories. Shame all of the questions are suited for Americans…

I say it’s like a carnival, as you win tickets, which reflect how well you did in each game. Gaining tickets will enable you to unlock different scenes for games, new characters, new style darts and even new balls!

Being a family game, you can of course play with up to 4 players. So yes! All 4 of you can be miserable together!

The characters are very limited. Although there are 175 apparently ‘unique’ characters, you’ll find a lot of clones with different clothes. 50 of the characters are unlockable, so if you’re really out to be a winner, go for it.

The only sense of achievement you can get from this game is unlocking everything and coming top of all the leaderboards. It’s designed for everyone. I don’t find it a coincidence that everyone stops playing it and throws it away.

Game Rating: 2/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 28/07/09 at 17:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
Whilst reading this review, forget about the likes of Call of Duty and Gears of War. This is a budget title, and as such, doesn’t deliver top quality. The game is made for use by everyone. In other words, isn’t too challenging. The cost to buy it is very cheap, and the cost to make it is even cheaper. That’s some of the bad points out the way. Let's go through the rest.

Down to the actual gameplay element. As I said, it’s a game that doesn’t require you to put in an 8-hour game session complete, partly because you can’t really complete it. It’s themed as a sort of carnival, and there are 7 games to keep you busy.

These games are:

-Hoop Shoot, where you just throw a basketball at the basket
-Darts, where there are a variety of different modes to play
-Table hockey, which is impossible to control
-Ping Cup, where you bounce a table tennis ball into a number of cups. Exciting!
-Shuffle Board, where you slide your pucks into score zones
-Skill Ball, where you roll a ball into different score holes
-Trivia, A normal trivia quiz with 5 different categories. Shame all of the questions are suited for Americans…

I say it’s like a carnival, as you win tickets, which reflect how well you did in each game. Gaining tickets will enable you to unlock different scenes for games, new characters, new style darts and even new balls!

Being a family game, you can of course play with up to 4 players. So yes! All 4 of you can be miserable together!

The characters are very limited. Although there are 175 apparently ‘unique’ characters, you’ll find a lot of clones with different clothes. 50 of the characters are unlockable, so if you’re really out to be a winner, go for it.

The only sense of achievement you can get from this game is unlocking everything and coming top of all the leaderboards. It’s designed for everyone. I don’t find it a coincidence that everyone stops playing it and throws it away.

Game Rating: 2/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.