GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Primary School""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/12/03 at 16:05
"period drama"
I just found this - it was my GCSE original writing coursework.
Looking at it now, how I got full marks is beyond me.
But, enjoy anyway:

A light breeze whipped around the deserted playground, stirring some fresh green leaves pulled from the tree by a playful child. The blue sky was dotted here and there with clouds ranging in colour from brilliantly white to foreboding black; the weather could turn at any moment. Cheerful laughs and mischievous screams carried towards the classroom from the far-off field the ghostly memories of past enjoyment.

The field was currently bathed in glistening sunshine as the sun emerged uncertainly from behind a dull grey cloud. A young class tried to play a newly-taught game.

The school building loomed up tall and square into the summer sky, the faded red which hung meekly onto window and door frames was swallowed by the threatening grey which dominated every wall. As the afternoon dragged on the building’s long, ominous shadow stretched silently with clawing fingers across the school ground. A hard-to-place feeling of mixed boredom, suppressed excitement and discipline enveloped the whole structure in the warm Friday air.

Light chatter and the occasional giggle filtered freely down the hall, disturbing the dangerously tense atmosphere of the silent classroom, the last in the row. This class’ teacher has disappeared for the last lesson of the day, the reason for his departure had either not been given or was lost under the the false stories whispered around before the heavy silence had been enforced.

Now, in the comfortable chair at one end of the classroom, where the relaxed and smiling friend usually sat, resided the posture-perfect form of the head.
He wore a complete suit as always, tired grey trousers and a double-breasted jacket done up tight across his slightly bulging stomach. A smart white shirt and faintly patterned tie - also done up over-tight, about his neck - completed his uniform.
His balding head tipped forward and horn-rims slid halfway down his crooked nose as he scanned over some stapled sheets, ears pricking up at the slightest sound.

Every pencil tapped, every page turned and chair pushed back echoed gloomily around the room. Every tick of the clock added infinitely to the atmosphere were the usual excitement of a Friday afternoon had vanished beyond memory.

The breathless shriek of the final bell pierced through the stuffy air of the classroom for a few moments before the silence settled again. No one moved. The head glanced up and as deep as the silence was, it grew tenfold as his narrow eyes darted around.

The filed out on his word, each child holding the silence to themselves as they walked uneasily down the corridor. Perhaps today all had learnt more than what was taught.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:45
"period drama"
No, there are many better games.

P.S. read the piece or go away.
Sun 04/01/04 at 08:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
final fantasy7 the greatest game ever what do you think
Tue 23/12/03 at 23:25
"period drama"
It was 2 full sheets when hand-written.
Though my shortest piece was 1 and a half pages, and that got an A.
Funnily enough, my longest piece (something like 6 pages) got the lowest mark - a B, so quality over quantity I suppose.

This was 2 years ago, mind. So - change and all that jazz.
Mon 22/12/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Real GCSE coursework? Looks a bit short. Meh. I was one mark away from an A* on my media coursework, and I'm proably heading for a B on my Shakespeare coursework, so who am I to really judge? I've only done two pieces so far.
Sun 21/12/03 at 16:05
"period drama"
I just found this - it was my GCSE original writing coursework.
Looking at it now, how I got full marks is beyond me.
But, enjoy anyway:

A light breeze whipped around the deserted playground, stirring some fresh green leaves pulled from the tree by a playful child. The blue sky was dotted here and there with clouds ranging in colour from brilliantly white to foreboding black; the weather could turn at any moment. Cheerful laughs and mischievous screams carried towards the classroom from the far-off field the ghostly memories of past enjoyment.

The field was currently bathed in glistening sunshine as the sun emerged uncertainly from behind a dull grey cloud. A young class tried to play a newly-taught game.

The school building loomed up tall and square into the summer sky, the faded red which hung meekly onto window and door frames was swallowed by the threatening grey which dominated every wall. As the afternoon dragged on the building’s long, ominous shadow stretched silently with clawing fingers across the school ground. A hard-to-place feeling of mixed boredom, suppressed excitement and discipline enveloped the whole structure in the warm Friday air.

Light chatter and the occasional giggle filtered freely down the hall, disturbing the dangerously tense atmosphere of the silent classroom, the last in the row. This class’ teacher has disappeared for the last lesson of the day, the reason for his departure had either not been given or was lost under the the false stories whispered around before the heavy silence had been enforced.

Now, in the comfortable chair at one end of the classroom, where the relaxed and smiling friend usually sat, resided the posture-perfect form of the head.
He wore a complete suit as always, tired grey trousers and a double-breasted jacket done up tight across his slightly bulging stomach. A smart white shirt and faintly patterned tie - also done up over-tight, about his neck - completed his uniform.
His balding head tipped forward and horn-rims slid halfway down his crooked nose as he scanned over some stapled sheets, ears pricking up at the slightest sound.

Every pencil tapped, every page turned and chair pushed back echoed gloomily around the room. Every tick of the clock added infinitely to the atmosphere were the usual excitement of a Friday afternoon had vanished beyond memory.

The breathless shriek of the final bell pierced through the stuffy air of the classroom for a few moments before the silence settled again. No one moved. The head glanced up and as deep as the silence was, it grew tenfold as his narrow eyes darted around.

The filed out on his word, each child holding the silence to themselves as they walked uneasily down the corridor. Perhaps today all had learnt more than what was taught.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.