GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Hitman: Blood Money - "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman: Blood Money'.
Sun 26/07/09 at 22:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Agent 47 returns again for another Hitman game. In a whole new dimension of the series, Hitman: Bloody Money offers far superior gameplay, graphics and sound to that of its predecessors. And for those unfamiliar to the series, you haven't lived.

Agent 47 is a genetically enhanced clone, designed to assassinate targets. He is a hired assassin, working for the ICA (International Contract Agency). As you can probably guess, Agent 47 is given numerous targets for him to assasinate, for which he gets paid for. You can see where the name 'Blood Money' came from, seeing that as he spills blood, he gains money.

Voiced by David Bateson, Agent 47 is my personal favourite video game character. Bateson's voice is a real soft, but deep purr. Without his voice, '47 would be lifeless. Agent 47 dresses in a classy italian style, wearing a black suit, with red tie, although in previous games, he has been known to wear different clothes to blend into the environment.

Show Spoiler

So down to actually playing the game. Weapons are similar to that of the previous titles. '47 still has access to his trademark Silenced Silverballers (AKA 'Ballers'). For a quieter approach, there is also the likes of the fiberwire and poison, or even a sedating drug, just to temporarily knock out people. Weapons play an important role in the game. Before a mission, you'll have to decide what weapons to take. There is literally 2 options. Quiet assassin armed with fiberwire and poison, and if you're feeling really up for it, a silenced pistol. The other approach is the 'take a case into the mission, open the case, revealing the hidden M4. Let 'er rip!'. To be quite honest, the big guns, with exception to the sniper rifle, should only be used if you get caught and need to blow your way out, or if there is just too many of them.

Weapon upgrades play a part in the game. At first, you may have a terrible recoil rifle, with no silencer, little ammo and an 'easy to scan case' to put it in. As you progress through the game though, and make money off your missions, you get more options to keep your bullets just that little bit quieter.

The story and missions in this game are terrific. There are no similar missions at all. Sure, you have to kill at least somebody in every mission, but there are just so many scenarios. One minute, you might be killing a vineyard drug lord, and next you might be saving the President of the USA's life. There are so many ways to do each mission aswell, giving this game a high replayability factor.

Creativity, awareness and being resourceful are the key elements to a successful assassin. You have to know where everybody is, where they've been, and where they will be to achieve a perfect assassination. You need to think of the best way to kill your targets, leaving as little evidence as possible. Remember, it's not who you kill, it's how you kill them. And finally, you need to make the best of a situation. If things get hot, you should know exactly what you're going to do before you're filled with lead.

In conclusion, this is one of my favourite all time games. The indepth story, the great music, the awesome characters, the good graphics, and most importantly, the superb gameplay make this game a top one, in not just the field of stealth games, but out of all genres. Highly recommended!

Game Rating:9/10
Sun 26/07/09 at 23:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm being completely honest here; buy it. Seriously. I've only got this for the PS2, but i still love it. I've yet to pick it up on the Xbox. The only thing that was bad about the PS2 version were the graphics, which weren't catastrophic, but it'll be alot better on the xbox that's for sure. This has to go in my top 5 games ever, it's just that good. Definitely recommend it pete. And thanks :) Short, but informative, that's my style now.
Sun 26/07/09 at 23:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Really good review there Chris.

I have picked the box up for this game up instore on a few occasions but for some reason never bought it ?.Recently I have preferred to waste my hard earned cash on pieces of crap like X - Blades !.
Sun 26/07/09 at 22:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Agent 47 returns again for another Hitman game. In a whole new dimension of the series, Hitman: Bloody Money offers far superior gameplay, graphics and sound to that of its predecessors. And for those unfamiliar to the series, you haven't lived.

Agent 47 is a genetically enhanced clone, designed to assassinate targets. He is a hired assassin, working for the ICA (International Contract Agency). As you can probably guess, Agent 47 is given numerous targets for him to assasinate, for which he gets paid for. You can see where the name 'Blood Money' came from, seeing that as he spills blood, he gains money.

Voiced by David Bateson, Agent 47 is my personal favourite video game character. Bateson's voice is a real soft, but deep purr. Without his voice, '47 would be lifeless. Agent 47 dresses in a classy italian style, wearing a black suit, with red tie, although in previous games, he has been known to wear different clothes to blend into the environment.

Show Spoiler

So down to actually playing the game. Weapons are similar to that of the previous titles. '47 still has access to his trademark Silenced Silverballers (AKA 'Ballers'). For a quieter approach, there is also the likes of the fiberwire and poison, or even a sedating drug, just to temporarily knock out people. Weapons play an important role in the game. Before a mission, you'll have to decide what weapons to take. There is literally 2 options. Quiet assassin armed with fiberwire and poison, and if you're feeling really up for it, a silenced pistol. The other approach is the 'take a case into the mission, open the case, revealing the hidden M4. Let 'er rip!'. To be quite honest, the big guns, with exception to the sniper rifle, should only be used if you get caught and need to blow your way out, or if there is just too many of them.

Weapon upgrades play a part in the game. At first, you may have a terrible recoil rifle, with no silencer, little ammo and an 'easy to scan case' to put it in. As you progress through the game though, and make money off your missions, you get more options to keep your bullets just that little bit quieter.

The story and missions in this game are terrific. There are no similar missions at all. Sure, you have to kill at least somebody in every mission, but there are just so many scenarios. One minute, you might be killing a vineyard drug lord, and next you might be saving the President of the USA's life. There are so many ways to do each mission aswell, giving this game a high replayability factor.

Creativity, awareness and being resourceful are the key elements to a successful assassin. You have to know where everybody is, where they've been, and where they will be to achieve a perfect assassination. You need to think of the best way to kill your targets, leaving as little evidence as possible. Remember, it's not who you kill, it's how you kill them. And finally, you need to make the best of a situation. If things get hot, you should know exactly what you're going to do before you're filled with lead.

In conclusion, this is one of my favourite all time games. The indepth story, the great music, the awesome characters, the good graphics, and most importantly, the superb gameplay make this game a top one, in not just the field of stealth games, but out of all genres. Highly recommended!

Game Rating:9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.