GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of computer games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/08/00 at 02:41
Regular
Whats the future of computer games going to be like? nobody knows but i think it will be bright. When the Mega Drive was around people thought the the graphics of the games were top notch but look at the graphics now the are better than ever, take Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2 or Tekken Tag Tournament the graphics are astounding they are a lot better than people thought that they could be at the time of the Mega Drive when they were 2D no one thought that they would be able to make id 3D. The real question is, could they make a game where the characters and sceneary look real? nobody really knows the answer to this question but i think one day we will find out.

There is one question a lot of people are asking will games become more excitingthan movies? that is another question yet to be answered, the problem is designers cannot make one exciting game after another and the same in the movies not every film is enjoyable. Every gamer should of heard about the Final Fantasy movie, imagine all films were made like that, there would be no need for actors and none of the people would look the same as they do in films nowadays because the creators could create the characters to their imagination.

The main advantage of games is that you can live the thrill alot longer than movies, because the longest i ever know a movie to last is 3 hours but the longest a games ever taken me to complete was around 3 weeks and i put in around one hour a day on that game the game ofcourse was Final Fantasy VII but then i still wanted to play it again. In my opinion i think that most games are better than most movies and obviously movie companies think so aswell otherwise they wouldn't want to turn so many games into movies.

I think that the future of gaming is going to be hot with some titles which are coming out now some great prospects for the Dolphin and the PS2 with the graphics and consoles always improving movies i think will soon be out of the equation and computer games will rule.

This is just my honest opinion if you think different please reply.
Wed 02/08/00 at 01:05
thats a good point bjlangley.
Tue 01/08/00 at 19:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I don't think that movies will die. Instead they will be the last step in entertainment:

books>radio>movies/TV>games

Like radio, movies will not die- instead they will be just as popular, but with games becoming bigger and bigger business. The day that you take your girlfriend out to play a computer game will be a sad one indeed!

Rav
Tue 01/08/00 at 10:51
Regular
"not dead"
The future of gaming also depends upon the creativity, originality and imaqination of the developers. We need to be inspired by what's out there. It's no good developing wonderful platforms on which to play games if they are just prettier versions of what we were playing 10 years ago. I believe that the N64 has seen a number of original games and hopefully the Dolphin (or Star Cube as it may be called) will continue to do so.
Tue 01/08/00 at 02:41
Whats the future of computer games going to be like? nobody knows but i think it will be bright. When the Mega Drive was around people thought the the graphics of the games were top notch but look at the graphics now the are better than ever, take Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2 or Tekken Tag Tournament the graphics are astounding they are a lot better than people thought that they could be at the time of the Mega Drive when they were 2D no one thought that they would be able to make id 3D. The real question is, could they make a game where the characters and sceneary look real? nobody really knows the answer to this question but i think one day we will find out.

There is one question a lot of people are asking will games become more excitingthan movies? that is another question yet to be answered, the problem is designers cannot make one exciting game after another and the same in the movies not every film is enjoyable. Every gamer should of heard about the Final Fantasy movie, imagine all films were made like that, there would be no need for actors and none of the people would look the same as they do in films nowadays because the creators could create the characters to their imagination.

The main advantage of games is that you can live the thrill alot longer than movies, because the longest i ever know a movie to last is 3 hours but the longest a games ever taken me to complete was around 3 weeks and i put in around one hour a day on that game the game ofcourse was Final Fantasy VII but then i still wanted to play it again. In my opinion i think that most games are better than most movies and obviously movie companies think so aswell otherwise they wouldn't want to turn so many games into movies.

I think that the future of gaming is going to be hot with some titles which are coming out now some great prospects for the Dolphin and the PS2 with the graphics and consoles always improving movies i think will soon be out of the equation and computer games will rule.

This is just my honest opinion if you think different please reply.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.