GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer components..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/12/03 at 21:52
"Bothered!"
Right I have two oldish computers and I want to really scrap the main components, replacing them but i can still use the floppy drives and cd rom drives, etc...

I want to know the cheapest place to find:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200 +
MB: Socket A Motherboard compatible with above
HDD: 80GB IDE HDD
GFX: 128/256MB GFX Card (Radeon, GeForce, Sapphire etc...)

I hope someone can suggest somewhere.

Thanks,

SS
Tue 30/12/03 at 04:14
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Right, well there goes ebuyers rep down the drain :oD

Im wondering what to spend my next 60 quid on, new mobo and cpu me thinks.
Wed 24/12/03 at 17:35
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Once again I have to plug Dabs dot com
Wed 24/12/03 at 12:33
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I have had lots and lots of problems with Ebuyer. I keep going back to them because their range is very good (with notable exceptions, lo performance hardware), their website is excellent and you can find out really useful information by reading customer reviews, and they don't charge silly money for shipping (lo overclockers). I am stupid for going back, and I keep telling myself this is the last time, I just never listen :O/
Tue 23/12/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've known plenty of people who've had problems with Ebuyer. I've even slept at their houses.

Maybe they're changing their ways.
Tue 23/12/03 at 17:53
Regular
I have also had a few things from ebuyer (mainly for pc's i have built for family) and never had any problems with delivery or returns, To be hounest i have actually never met anyone who has had a problem with them, maybe it is a myth?

Colin
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:37
Regular
I purchased a few things from eBuyer once with no problems, everything was delivered fine.

But I have heard of some problems people have had with the company...
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I wouldn't spend more than a tenner at Ebuyer.

I bought my MP3 player from there and it 'broke' 2 or 3 weeks after the warranty expired, but they were pleasant enough and let me get it replaced, they even creditted me for the postage which i had to pay to send it back, adn the new one works perfectly.... the only thing that worries me is the fact that the site doesnt sell them any more... but never mind...
Tue 23/12/03 at 12:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I wouldn't spend more than a tenner at Ebuyer.
Tue 23/12/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I must have bought about 15 bits from ebuyer, not one problem so far, latest buy 64mb SD card for Digital Camera, £17.37 inc vat and delivery, compare the price with SR. And it works fine by the way :)

I have a 64mb Flash USB drive I bought from them 3 months ago, use it every day and never a problem, just been lucky probably.
Mon 22/12/03 at 13:50
Regular
www.planetmicro.co.uk

Are excellent for hard drives in my personal opinion, When I got mine it was carefully wrapped in about 10 layers of bubble wrap with a tape seal.

Good company.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.