GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wasted Licenses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 21:51
Regular
So how many of you were in on Saturday evening?

I was.

And of you that were in, how many watched Masters Of the Universe?

I did.

And how many of you had a list as long as your arm of things that were either wrong with, or simply missing from this film?

All of you?

Anyone that remembers He-Man from the cartoonswould have to be disappointed by this film. There were so many characters left out of the film that made the cartoon great, and in their place, sub-standard characters!

Where was Orko? Where was Ram-Man?

More importantly, where was Cringer/ BattleCat?

And why was He-Man always He-Man? One of the most important things about He-Man, was the fact that half of the time he was just an ordinary guy!

Also, I don't remember that many guns in Eternia before! Man-At-Arms could fire lasers from his arms if I remember rightly, but there was more fighting that shooting!

And why take the story to Earth? The cartoons always portrayed Eternia as a beautiful planet! Maybe they just couldn't recreate it?

Mind you, it was funny watching a young Courtney Cox(? Not lately) run around saying "Look out He-Man, It's a trap!"

I thought that this was a complete waste of the He-Man license.

But I guess they know that people will flock to see it anyway, so why should they care?

Any other wasted licenses come to mind?
Wed 29/07/09 at 17:08
Regular
Hi Mac
Thank you for the website ideas, I will add these to the link pages asap.
Regards
Sue
Tue 28/07/09 at 18:37
Regular
A few websites to add to those Sue has mentioned--- www.alamy.com when the header appears type in "blimages" (without the parenthesis) to see some of my ex Raf colleague Brian Lawrence's photos.Also try www.dpreview & www.photxels.com (for all things Digital)
Mac
Fri 24/07/09 at 10:12
Regular
Some good websites to have a look at are:
www.juzaphoto.com
www.naturephotographers.net
I will add these as links shortley and if you know any more, let me know, there are millions out there, but I find the above 2 really inspiring.
Sue
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
It could have been so much better had they followed in the footsteps of the cartoon. There were so many great characters who never got a look in - The only decent character to come out of the film was Blade!! Why He Man was always He Man we will never know.
It would have been great to see Eternia recreated in all its glory, from castle Greyskull to Skeletors place!!

Other wasted licenses, Im thinking along the lines of the latest Dungeons and Dragons movie - although I havent seen it yet I think they should have based it on the cartoon series!!
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Then again... the He-Man cartoon were increadably bad... so maybe changing it wasnt such a bad thing?
Sun 18/03/01 at 21:51
Regular
"not dead"
So how many of you were in on Saturday evening?

I was.

And of you that were in, how many watched Masters Of the Universe?

I did.

And how many of you had a list as long as your arm of things that were either wrong with, or simply missing from this film?

All of you?

Anyone that remembers He-Man from the cartoonswould have to be disappointed by this film. There were so many characters left out of the film that made the cartoon great, and in their place, sub-standard characters!

Where was Orko? Where was Ram-Man?

More importantly, where was Cringer/ BattleCat?

And why was He-Man always He-Man? One of the most important things about He-Man, was the fact that half of the time he was just an ordinary guy!

Also, I don't remember that many guns in Eternia before! Man-At-Arms could fire lasers from his arms if I remember rightly, but there was more fighting that shooting!

And why take the story to Earth? The cartoons always portrayed Eternia as a beautiful planet! Maybe they just couldn't recreate it?

Mind you, it was funny watching a young Courtney Cox(? Not lately) run around saying "Look out He-Man, It's a trap!"

I thought that this was a complete waste of the He-Man license.

But I guess they know that people will flock to see it anyway, so why should they care?

Any other wasted licenses come to mind?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.