GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Machines"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/07/09 at 02:30
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Which gaming machine do you think is best?
Do you prefer a console or PC?
What makes your console/PC better than others?
Mon 27/07/09 at 09:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> But you only really get the benefit when you're a higher level
> player. When i was in WoW, i got up to about lvl 20 or somewhere
> round there. All this new content that came out, the majority
> seemed to be new areas to explore and new missions, that really
> was only meant for high level players. Don't get me wrong, new
> stuff it released, but alot of it is for the better players.

This is true, I suppose. Some of the content for WOW does effect lower levels but only really by coincidence or ripple effect. They do change the lower levels to make them easier to get to high levels though :D

But yeah I see your point, but its still on a different level to FPS I think. And I looked at PSN the otehr day after reading this and any add ons/packs I could find for download had to be paid for :(
Sat 25/07/09 at 19:21
Regular
"How Ironic"
But you only really get the benefit when you're a higher level player. When i was in WoW, i got up to about lvl 20 or somewhere round there. All this new content that came out, the majority seemed to be new areas to explore and new missions, that really was only meant for high level players. Don't get me wrong, new stuff it released, but alot of it is for the better players.
Sat 25/07/09 at 17:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
They don't though do they? Realistically....be honest.

They maintain servers, which are small fry in comparison to any populer MMO, and they realise what new content?

Take COD4 away and all content realised ever before is miniscule. A new map, a new game style etc is not that much work. And when I have seen an FPS realise decent new content you have to pay for it. PSN and XLive.

But still they can't really be compared. MMO's need monitoring, GM's etc etc. But if tehy did run the same thing, COD4 would be like a tenner a month :D
Sat 25/07/09 at 17:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
But Call of Duty and the likes are fun, they've got to bring out new content and keep servers running, yet they don't charge a monthly fee? How come all good MMORPG's charge monthly, if the likes of CoD can do without it?
Sat 25/07/09 at 15:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
And there is your answer. It's rubbish.

WOW still holds a massive massive fan base. It is a multi million (if not billion) pound enprise. It could not do this without keeping content fresh etc (although some users would disagree that Blizz do this :S)
Sat 25/07/09 at 15:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
I used to play WoW, couldn't keep up with the monthly fee though (i know it's not alot, but i don't want to pay forever lol). I hate these 'pay as you play' things, i mean what do you actually pay for? FPS's have servers and updates just like WoW, but they don't force a monthly fee on you. I just don't get it. Matrix online does that aswell. Guild Wars is the only one i've got that doesn't charge monthly, but that's rubbish.
Sat 25/07/09 at 14:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Warhunt's batting for the side ;D

Not a brilliant way of phrasing :S ha ha

Anyway, I am mixed. I should be a PC Gamer and due to WOW I was, as my PS3, 360 and Wii collection gathered dust.

Now I am mainly on PS3 as my addiction wears off and I break from WOW for a little while. (Lost the 360 and Wii in the "friend divorce" when my mate moved out of our flat :D :D )
Sat 25/07/09 at 14:14
Regular
"How Ironic"
Warhunt's batting for the side ;D
Sat 25/07/09 at 10:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Lol have seen so many of these arguments online, on forums I have visited.

And I shall put my opinion in like so many millions of other mindless users online.

PC = World of Warcraft = End of discussion :S

Really I should be a massive PC gamer as Strategy (RTS), Shooters and MMO are all better on PC, and these are the games that make me drool.

But tbh, I much prefer FPS on the console, and add the whole RPG thing and I find it hard to decide which to choose.

So it always comes down to..... Get up, sit in a chair, wait for the PC to start (not that long with the new PC but meh) load the game, play.......... Or...... Lay on my bed, pick up a controller, get started.

You guess who wins.
Fri 24/07/09 at 23:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
I believe that in the longrun, Consoles are far more enjoyable for Games, partially because they're built for gaming primarily. PC's have that much tied in with them, the possibility of a malfunction is alot higher,what with the likes of viruses that you wouldn't find lurking in Xbox Live. As i said, yes FPS's are easier to play on a PC, BUT, the main flaw with the point as i've already said is that everybody is using a mouse. Like with anything, the control strick takes getting used to. It actually takes more skill to kill somebody on a console FPS because the controls are harder (ie. they're more of a challenge, making it more fun). Then again, the controls aren't too easy on the PC. With a console controller, the controller is suited to sit in your hand, and so you can access all the buttons easier. The odds of hitting the wrong button on a console controller are very low, as the buttons are perfectly set to be in position of one of your fingers. Compared to the keyboard used in PC gaming, the odds of hitting the right button are 101:1. The button right next to the move forward button might well close the program down. There are just too many buttons to remember.

In conclusion, PC's are for office workers to make Excel sheets on whilst gawping at the partially sexy woman across the other desk.

But when they get home to their console, that's when the game taps flow! OH YEH! >:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.