GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flashed xbox 360's and backup games"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/07/09 at 23:39
Regular
just posting here cuz i have got my 360 flashed and was wondering what other gamers thoughts are on flashing consoles.

Mod Edit: Please note that it is against our rules to link to or to advertise pirated material on the forums. As a further note, its generally not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a public forum.

Thanks.
Fri 24/07/09 at 07:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Don't think this is right place to be talking about this to be honest.

For the record though,I do not think 'flashing' your Xbox 360's drive is the wisest thing anyone should do.It invalidates your warranty,my 360 has been back to Microsoft twice and was repaired FOC on both occasions.The warranty period is now 3 years for RROD breakdowns and its not as if the Xbox 360 is the most robust piece of hardware ever created.Also there is a very good chance a 'flashed' console will get banned from Xbox live (even when using legitimate games) as they can be detected.But as I have already mentioned illegally modifying consoles is not a subject I would expect Freeola to be very happy with you discussing on their forums.

If you are interested in some cut price gaming,head over to our 'Grab A Bargain' thread.There are loads of links for 360 games available at pocket money prices to be found in there.
Fri 24/07/09 at 02:44
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
If you dont know what Flashing a xbox means or involves,here's a quick guide i found.

Flashing an Xbox 360 is for enabling access to backup games that you may have stored on your backup DVDs for use or you may also want to prevent your original Xbox 360 game discs from scratching.

Flashing the Xbox 360 normally requires that you open up the machine to connect the DVD drive over to your computer which has a SATA connector. Or most preferably, a PCI Sata card with the VIA6421 chipset and you can find for the card from eBay. It is a must to choose either VIA or NFORCE cards or else the flashing of the ROM will fail.

Another difficulty with "How to Flash Xbox 360 is that the Xbox comes with three types of drives ranging from Hitachi, Samsung and Benq. If you own one with a Benq based drive, you can refer to this guide here on "How to Flash Xbox 360" for identifying which drive that your gaming machine uses and also there are also step by step instructions by which on how to get the ROMs and flash your Xbox 360 drive.

Dosflash and IXtreme firmware tool are used for flashing to the drive and also you may need to purchase a cheap Xbox 360 opening kit and you can buy one easily from Radioshack.

Another option, which is more preferred, is to use a reliable service such as Everything4360.com which provides downloads for your Xbox 360 to enable backup games even without all the tiring steps of modding and opening up the Xbox 360 casing.

Another advantage of subscription to Everything4360.com is that in the future event that there is any other problems involving the Xbox 360, for example, like the Xbox 360 three red lights problems that you may have in your Xbox 360. A highly recommended download for maximizing the potential of your Xbox 360 and also giving you free downloads for your Xbox 360 games.
Thu 23/07/09 at 23:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
Don't even know what you're on about
Thu 23/07/09 at 23:39
Regular
just posting here cuz i have got my 360 flashed and was wondering what other gamers thoughts are on flashing consoles.

Mod Edit: Please note that it is against our rules to link to or to advertise pirated material on the forums. As a further note, its generally not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a public forum.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.