GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2 or DOOM 3?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/12/03 at 23:19
Regular
"WHY ME?"
Simple question.....or is it? Which one do you see as a better game, DOOM 3 or Half-life 2?
Sun 21/12/03 at 14:55
"For the horde!!!!"
Both better be good
Fri 19/12/03 at 21:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Half Life 2 will be actually incredible to play, Doom 3 probably quite good but much better looks-wise, and so less of a decent game.
Fri 19/12/03 at 21:08
"Metal Head"
Simple question, Simple answer HL2
Fri 19/12/03 at 16:04
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I bet neither game will last REAL long like a week to complete if you're playing it pretty much non stop like from 4-12 every day. (4 - 12 being general playing times after school/work).

And then you'll get the geeks that book a day off work just to stay home and play it and complete it too soon and spoil it for the rest of us by telling the ending.
Fri 19/12/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
GWX_GAMER wrote:
> NO WAY! Ive seen the video of Halflife on the web the Graphics (using
> the best card and new direct x9 for windows ) ha...it has the best
> graphics in any game ever...The GAMEPLAY looks like your watching a
> FMV! a computer in the game looks like one in real life...and dont
> even start about the characters...as far as im concerned your in a
> movie...they even have realistic eye movements....no need to say any
> more! HL22 will win hands down!...
>
> GWX_GAMER.

Well, I've played both demos on a lightning fast machine. I've seen them "in the flesh" as it were.

Half Life 2's facial animations are astounding, but the general engine is designed to provide an open environment with indoor areas. Doom3 is a continuation of the original Doom and Quake engines and is more suited to enclosed environments, so more processing power can be spent on dynamic lighting and the like.

Shoot a hanging florescent light in Doom3, and the way the shadows are dynamically cast is astounding. The pinkie demon bends the pipes in the wall, before busting through. Watch it tussle with a dead zombie like a terrier with a rat. All the time, a light is slowly swinging above it, casting shadows in real time.

Half life 2 – The Striders. Say no more. Independent legs, and incredible AI.

Both engines are a massive step forward for gaming. Half-life 2’s more so due to the fully integrated physics and AI. Doom3 for the graphical achievements and object orientated environment.

Half life 2 will wipe the floor with Doom3 gameplay wise. Doom3 IMHO is a graphical masterpiece, but the gameplay is not as innovative.
Fri 19/12/03 at 09:26
Regular
"nintendo-4-life"
NO WAY! Ive seen the video of Halflife on the web the Graphics (using the best card and new direct x9 for windows ) ha...it has the best graphics in any game ever...The GAMEPLAY looks like your watching a FMV! a computer in the game looks like one in real life...and dont even start about the characters...as far as im concerned your in a movie...they even have realistic eye movements....no need to say any more! HL22 will win hands down!...

GWX_GAMER.
Fri 19/12/03 at 08:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Having played both E3, Doom3 wins hand down with the GFX, but Half Life 2 is going to be the better game, although possibly less atmospheric.
Fri 19/12/03 at 07:34
Regular
": ("
Half Life is garanteed to be good but although doom 3 looks good it doesn't mean it will play good, get half life.
Thu 18/12/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
*Grumble - mumble*
Thu 18/12/03 at 23:34
Regular
"WHY ME?"
m'boy......? you need to calm down and not say those words ever again

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.