GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Competition for an extra gameaday prize!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 20:03
Regular
Ok, now I am not saying that this is gonna be official, but wouldn't it be great if SR encouraged a bot interactivity with their members? Now I'm not talking about submitting posts or reviews, I'm talking about actually doing something other than typing!

I propose that SR have a competition, maybe for a game or maybe for something else, and it would involve designing the game front cover because the cover is extremely imprtant - i.e it's the reason we buy PS2 games (only kidding!).

So all entries can be sent to SR, and a winner can be chosen (not at random), and the top ten entries should be displayed on the site - I'm not talking Blue Peter rif-raf, I mean desiging quality front covers! This would give everyone an excellent opportunity to redesign their favorourite, or least favourite game's cover! Maybe you thought Crazy Taxi's yellow front was too bland, or that Uefa Striker's looked awful with Dwight Yorke posing as a monkey on it, or maybe you hat the Champ Man covers and cases!

Whatever you like! The winning post will be chosen by whoever has an unbias mind at SR, with top ten entries getting a runner-up prize - like a free inflatable chair! The winner should get any game he/she/it likes (within reason - no samba + Maracas!)

G'wan SR you know it makes sense!

Wah d'yall tink 'bout dat?
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:35
Regular
Looks like that's a no.
Mon 19/03/01 at 12:24
Regular
Maybe but that would take ages of time and sometimes it would be a waste of time.
Mon 19/03/01 at 00:42
In that case...

Dear SR,

Please could you read the original post and see what you think cheers.
The FOG forum people.

Sun 18/03/01 at 20:14
Regular
As I said Dan... we would be infringing copyright!

We can't do it without permission!
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:10
That red splat does my nut!!!

No really, what is the point in splatting it all over the place claiming that a product is a red splat saver? Just look in the mag - The VMU for Dreamcast is £19.99 it always has been and yet it's a red splat saver? Does red splat saving stand for anything?

And why not have a new PS2 logo, a New DC or Nintendo logo - maybe even have a new FOG logo? No really we should keep it to games case covers.
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
You know, thats not a bad idea!
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:06
Regular
Infringement of copyright is what I'm worried about...

Perhaps designing a new logo for Special Reserve or something... but I doubt anyone would make the effort, and SR would have to choose a crap one...

Unless I enter, of course. ;0)
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:03
Ok, now I am not saying that this is gonna be official, but wouldn't it be great if SR encouraged a bot interactivity with their members? Now I'm not talking about submitting posts or reviews, I'm talking about actually doing something other than typing!

I propose that SR have a competition, maybe for a game or maybe for something else, and it would involve designing the game front cover because the cover is extremely imprtant - i.e it's the reason we buy PS2 games (only kidding!).

So all entries can be sent to SR, and a winner can be chosen (not at random), and the top ten entries should be displayed on the site - I'm not talking Blue Peter rif-raf, I mean desiging quality front covers! This would give everyone an excellent opportunity to redesign their favorourite, or least favourite game's cover! Maybe you thought Crazy Taxi's yellow front was too bland, or that Uefa Striker's looked awful with Dwight Yorke posing as a monkey on it, or maybe you hat the Champ Man covers and cases!

Whatever you like! The winning post will be chosen by whoever has an unbias mind at SR, with top ten entries getting a runner-up prize - like a free inflatable chair! The winner should get any game he/she/it likes (within reason - no samba + Maracas!)

G'wan SR you know it makes sense!

Wah d'yall tink 'bout dat?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.