GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo: the only people who dare try anything new"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 19:38
Regular
Although what my title says is true i'm actually talking about Kirby tilt and tumble.

How flippin excellent is that game. All developers slightly improve certain genres like Timespitters improving the Shoot 'em ups with the multiplayer map maker and Perfect dark with its counter operative mode. Yet Nintendo always make something completley mad.

Pokemon Snap for example Nintendo knew Pokemon sells loads and so does shooters but how can they combine the two (They have made every other type of game with Pokemon in it). They can't have Pikachu blowing Blastoise's brains out so what do they do turn a Gun into a camera.

Kirby tilt and tumble is yet another ingenious idea from the Nintendo camp. Tilt the gameboy one way and Kirby rolls that direction. One game I never imagined is one of those handheld marble maze games on a Game system. There is actual bad guys to defeat it isn't simply a maze game it is a rolling platformer.

8 levels not including bonus in one of those must get Nintendo Gameboy games. It has an inbuilt sensor so when you tip Kirby rolls, and with spikes ready to poke Kirby if he gets to close it involves perfect tipping.

Heres to the future and Nintendo making origonal games like that it looks as if the future of gaming will be great.

Kirby tilt and tumble will be class and i've decided the future isn't orange but purple!
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:38
Regular
Although what my title says is true i'm actually talking about Kirby tilt and tumble.

How flippin excellent is that game. All developers slightly improve certain genres like Timespitters improving the Shoot 'em ups with the multiplayer map maker and Perfect dark with its counter operative mode. Yet Nintendo always make something completley mad.

Pokemon Snap for example Nintendo knew Pokemon sells loads and so does shooters but how can they combine the two (They have made every other type of game with Pokemon in it). They can't have Pikachu blowing Blastoise's brains out so what do they do turn a Gun into a camera.

Kirby tilt and tumble is yet another ingenious idea from the Nintendo camp. Tilt the gameboy one way and Kirby rolls that direction. One game I never imagined is one of those handheld marble maze games on a Game system. There is actual bad guys to defeat it isn't simply a maze game it is a rolling platformer.

8 levels not including bonus in one of those must get Nintendo Gameboy games. It has an inbuilt sensor so when you tip Kirby rolls, and with spikes ready to poke Kirby if he gets to close it involves perfect tipping.

Heres to the future and Nintendo making origonal games like that it looks as if the future of gaming will be great.

Kirby tilt and tumble will be class and i've decided the future isn't orange but purple!
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:41
Regular
Nintendo arent the only developers to try stuff new!!! Look at Sega, they try new stuff just as much as Nintendo. To be honest the companies that look least like trying stuff new are sony and microsoft, and that is becasue they arent games companies, whereas Sega and Nintendo are.
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:48
Regular
I disagree although Sega are great they copy an awful lot!
Look at the Dreamcast controller with its Z trigger hmmm origonal.

Sega are differnt from Sony and Microsoft though as when Sega copy the make a deceant game.

(I love Sega and they do think up origonal ideas but it is Ninty who excel in that department)
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:50
Regular
Nintendo do have great ideas, but sometimes really bad ones too. Why did they decide to keep the N64 with cartridge games that cost double the price of CD games on the playstation?
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:53
Regular
Dringo:

What!?!? How can you say that? The Sega idea of analogue triggers is just a natural progressino form the Nintendo controller.

What you've said is like saying that Nintendo copied Sega by deciding to release a machine capable of more than 16bits!

Sun 18/03/01 at 19:53
Regular
PinkPig wrote:
> Nintendo do have great ideas, but sometimes really bad ones too.
> Why did they decide to keep the N64 with cartridge games that cost
> double the price of CD games on the playstation?

Price had nothing to do with it Nintendo helped Phillips with the Phillips CDI and like the Saturn it flopped Nintendo wasn't sure it was a good idea to switch to CD's after that so they didn't but it ended up that it might be best if they did.

(Although I prefer Carts to CD's)
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:55
Regular
Why do you prefer carts to CD's? CD's are cheaper and can hold alot more information so gaming worlds can be bigger and textures can be alot more detailed as well.

The only good thing about carts is that they load quickly, but that doesnt really bother me too much.
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:57
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Dringo:
>
>

What!?!? How can you say that? The Sega idea of analogue
> triggers is just a natural progressino form the Nintendo
> controller.

What you've said is like saying that Nintendo copied
> Sega by deciding to release a machine capable of more than
> 16bits!

Ok a few more examples Mario oh wait here comes Sonic

You right though Sega are excellent look at House of the Dead and Crazy Taxi

sorry your right Sega are great they have experience like Nintendo Sony and Microsoft don't!!!!!!!!!
Sun 18/03/01 at 20:01
Regular
Gameswise... yes, Nintendo and Sega. Both great at trying new things...

Sega I think are the best mind. Not many games will use a virtual marraca.

Sun 18/03/01 at 20:01
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Why do you prefer carts to CD's? CD's are cheaper and can hold alot
> more information so gaming worlds can be bigger and textures can be
> alot more detailed as well.

The only good thing about carts is
> that they load quickly, but that doesnt really bother me too much.

Carts don't break

Carts don't need to load

Carts don't make noise

Carts don't cause the system to burn out

Resident Evil 2 took two Cd's but one Cart

Carts can be as big as they make them

I go for quality not quantity

Only problem in my mind is Music and Videos

But there should be no need for Videos and The music is still good on Carts

I get a deacent (Zelda the best game ever) N64 game for a Tenner Carts are expensive are they

Nintendo and Carts for ever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.