GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Hosting Technical Information Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 17:33
Regular
Does anyone here know what freeola's server specs are and what connection they use to connect customers to the net? I couldn't find anything at freeola.info

Cheers

the borg
Wed 24/12/03 at 22:58
Regular
Thanks Danny for the info,

You have just secured some more business for freeola. I will be using them/you for most of my customers' sites now (should be several if my design company kicks off).

Thanks Again and Merry Christmas

theborg
Mon 22/12/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Hey Borg,

Now you're moving into territories I don't fully speak with authority on, I put that question to our chief technical guy. He said that the Tier definitions tend to differ depending on who you speak to.

Hopefully, these statements tell you what you want to know:

We buy transit
We peer
We are in 2 countries - peering in lipex amsterdam
We don't have a default route

Regards,
Danny
Thu 18/12/03 at 18:16
Regular
Thanks Torquay United!

As Freeola uses Entranet can I assume freeola has a Tier 2 connection?

the borg
Thu 18/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
We wouldn't tend to post precise information publicly.

I can tell you that there are ten customer web servers though, all of powerful spec running BSD.

There are also multiple mail servers with extra mail queueing facilities for outages/busy periods.

Our technical infrastructure partner is Entanet International and they have exceptional peering arrangements UK and worldwide with staggering amounts of bandwidth. This is the reason that the Freeola dial-up and broadband connections are so damn fast.

Regards,
Danny
Thu 18/12/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
'Resistance is futile'
Thu 18/12/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Try posting in the customer service forum, SR staff don't visit here often....
Wed 17/12/03 at 17:33
Regular
Does anyone here know what freeola's server specs are and what connection they use to connect customers to the net? I couldn't find anything at freeola.info

Cheers

the borg

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.