GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh, boy - scraps!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 17:15
Regular
Ok, so who has ever been told, if you've ever left a bit of your dinner, that some poor, starving people would have done anything for it?

Well, we aren't poor. Whatever we do isn't going to benefit them, all the way over there. We're well fed. We're the lucky(er) ones, so why behave like someone who's not by eating it ALL? Am i meant to cry in sorrow for the people in that situation, whilst swallowing each mouthful of food, splashing tears over my dinner in pity for them?

But, also, if you think about it, it's a mighty big chance that we might have ended up elsewhere.
Wed 17/12/03 at 17:15
Regular
Ok, so who has ever been told, if you've ever left a bit of your dinner, that some poor, starving people would have done anything for it?

Well, we aren't poor. Whatever we do isn't going to benefit them, all the way over there. We're well fed. We're the lucky(er) ones, so why behave like someone who's not by eating it ALL? Am i meant to cry in sorrow for the people in that situation, whilst swallowing each mouthful of food, splashing tears over my dinner in pity for them?

But, also, if you think about it, it's a mighty big chance that we might have ended up elsewhere.
Wed 17/12/03 at 17:16
"Darkness, always"
A better solution is to not buy as much food, hence not filling your plate too much in the first place, saving you money and reducing the environmental strains of producing a huge excess of food which is demanded by the public but never utilised.
Wed 17/12/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Good answer, IB. That is what we call a 'thread stopper'.
Thu 18/12/03 at 16:40
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Good answer, IB. That is what we call a 'thread stopper'.
Thu 18/12/03 at 19:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Or a better solution is to stick the scraps in the fridge and then stick them in a sandwich for supper.

Anything tastes good between two slices of bread.
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:24
Regular
I can't stand the thought of scraps between bread...

Chicken shredlets (if that exists), sloppy gravy and veg, sandwich.

Ick.
Fri 19/12/03 at 14:13
Regular
If you ever want to leave some dinner and they complain about poor people. Offer to post it to your local charity shop.

An I've seen tramps eating out of bins before - so if you put your dinner in the bin they would be more than happy. They would surely die if nobody every left any food. So if you leave food you are actually saving lives. Bless you my child

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.