GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonsillitis."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/12/03 at 16:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, there's a first time for everything.

MoJo rarely gets sick. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was sick when it had nothing to do with drink. But to compensate for this, I nearly always have a cold, a few each year, even in the summer, usually of the blocked nose variety.

Had a cold for months now, and I had a bit of a sore throat. No big deal. But drinking milk and water caused a burning aftertaste, which in turn made me feel sick. Imagine a burning, acidy, foul tasting sensation in your mouth and all down your throat to your stomach. Nasty.

So I stopped drinking stuff from the fridge, instead I just filled a glass straight from the tap and avoided the milk, and it stopped happening for a week or so. Went out Saturday night (saw some disturbing things, which I'd rather not mention here) and got in at about 1am. Went to bed... woke up at 3am with a really bad throat. Just breathing hurt, never mind swallowing, and for some reason my mouth was producing loads of saliva, which meant I had to swallow a lot, or spit on my carpet. The fact that I have a cold, with enough phlegm to fill a large bath, doesn't help, as it's constantly getting in my mouth, meaning I have to either swallow it (ouch) or spit on my carpet (nasty) If I were to spit in the bin, well, I'd go insane with having to get up every five seconds.

Anyway, 'twas 3am on a Sunday morning, couldn't get back to sleep since I was in too much discomfort. Spent the day lounging around. Went to bed at about 12. Woke up at 3am again, and again couldn't get back to sleep, just felt a whole lotta pain. Got out of bed at 7 with the intention of going to college, felt terrible, but got a shower and got ready. Went downstairs. Had some Day Nurse. Didn't want to get off the sofa. Took the day off.

Had a temperature, my head was pounding, and I only ate two things the whole day - a banana and a satsuma, both were agony so I didn't bother with anything else. Spent most of the day in bed before going downstairs at about 9. Went to bed at about half 10. Fell asleep at 1am. Woke up at 2am. Yes, just one hour later. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched TV from 2am until 8. And I only get a few channels in my room. Watched the news channels mainly, but I caught a bit of Fireman Sam on BBC2. Woo!

I could barely speak, so my dad phoned my college for me to say I wouldn't be in again. Then phoned the dentist for me to move my appointment back. Then phoned the doctor's to get me an appointment there. To my surprise, they managed to fit me in today (though when I got there it was practically empty, so my surprise was short lived) Doctor looked down my throat. Tonsillitis - which I had suspected since Monday. So I got some antibiotics and some painkillers (for some reason I just let myself suffer when I don't feel well, she was very surprised I wasn't already on painkillers - Strepsils are as close to painkillers as I got)

Came home, had some medicine, lazed around on the sofa, still barely able to speak. And who should call? The Inland Revenue (taxes - boo, hiss!) to say I'd got the job I went to the interview for WEEKS ago (last time they called me up just hours after my interview, I guess they're getting lazy) Of all the days they could possibly pick... My dad had answered the phone, and told them I wasn't well, and it was pretty funny trying to talk down the phone and answer questions when I could barely hear my own voice.

Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of college before we break up for Christmas, and I really want to go in to see my mates, see what work I have to do, pick up the DVDs my mates are lending off me and, y'know, find out when we actually go BACK. But I somehow doubt I'll be up for it. Another day of spitting a lot, not eating (I haven't eaten ANYTHING today, not one bite, and I don't even feel hungry) drinking water and tea and generally not being able to do much.

Tonsillitis sucks.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, there's a first time for everything.

MoJo rarely gets sick. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was sick when it had nothing to do with drink. But to compensate for this, I nearly always have a cold, a few each year, even in the summer, usually of the blocked nose variety.

Had a cold for months now, and I had a bit of a sore throat. No big deal. But drinking milk and water caused a burning aftertaste, which in turn made me feel sick. Imagine a burning, acidy, foul tasting sensation in your mouth and all down your throat to your stomach. Nasty.

So I stopped drinking stuff from the fridge, instead I just filled a glass straight from the tap and avoided the milk, and it stopped happening for a week or so. Went out Saturday night (saw some disturbing things, which I'd rather not mention here) and got in at about 1am. Went to bed... woke up at 3am with a really bad throat. Just breathing hurt, never mind swallowing, and for some reason my mouth was producing loads of saliva, which meant I had to swallow a lot, or spit on my carpet. The fact that I have a cold, with enough phlegm to fill a large bath, doesn't help, as it's constantly getting in my mouth, meaning I have to either swallow it (ouch) or spit on my carpet (nasty) If I were to spit in the bin, well, I'd go insane with having to get up every five seconds.

Anyway, 'twas 3am on a Sunday morning, couldn't get back to sleep since I was in too much discomfort. Spent the day lounging around. Went to bed at about 12. Woke up at 3am again, and again couldn't get back to sleep, just felt a whole lotta pain. Got out of bed at 7 with the intention of going to college, felt terrible, but got a shower and got ready. Went downstairs. Had some Day Nurse. Didn't want to get off the sofa. Took the day off.

Had a temperature, my head was pounding, and I only ate two things the whole day - a banana and a satsuma, both were agony so I didn't bother with anything else. Spent most of the day in bed before going downstairs at about 9. Went to bed at about half 10. Fell asleep at 1am. Woke up at 2am. Yes, just one hour later. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched TV from 2am until 8. And I only get a few channels in my room. Watched the news channels mainly, but I caught a bit of Fireman Sam on BBC2. Woo!

I could barely speak, so my dad phoned my college for me to say I wouldn't be in again. Then phoned the dentist for me to move my appointment back. Then phoned the doctor's to get me an appointment there. To my surprise, they managed to fit me in today (though when I got there it was practically empty, so my surprise was short lived) Doctor looked down my throat. Tonsillitis - which I had suspected since Monday. So I got some antibiotics and some painkillers (for some reason I just let myself suffer when I don't feel well, she was very surprised I wasn't already on painkillers - Strepsils are as close to painkillers as I got)

Came home, had some medicine, lazed around on the sofa, still barely able to speak. And who should call? The Inland Revenue (taxes - boo, hiss!) to say I'd got the job I went to the interview for WEEKS ago (last time they called me up just hours after my interview, I guess they're getting lazy) Of all the days they could possibly pick... My dad had answered the phone, and told them I wasn't well, and it was pretty funny trying to talk down the phone and answer questions when I could barely hear my own voice.

Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of college before we break up for Christmas, and I really want to go in to see my mates, see what work I have to do, pick up the DVDs my mates are lending off me and, y'know, find out when we actually go BACK. But I somehow doubt I'll be up for it. Another day of spitting a lot, not eating (I haven't eaten ANYTHING today, not one bite, and I don't even feel hungry) drinking water and tea and generally not being able to do much.

Tonsillitis sucks.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:30
"High polygon count"
Never had that.

Nor mumps, measels, chickenpox... or any of the 'usual' childhood thingys.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:46
Regular
"cachoo"
Me neither. Unlucky though, right before Christmas! :s
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Balls"
i kept getting that, i now have no tonsils.

when i had them out i had a constant headache, i went without sleep for 2 weeks...

also have the illness sucks
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:03
Regular
"That's right!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Nor mumps, measels, chickenpox... or any of the 'usual' childhood
> thingys.

---------

A few months ago I would have called you a liar, but my mate's bird and another mate's brother both got mumps not long ago... I couldn't believe that they'd never had it as kids. They're 17/18! It's better to get them as kids, so you don't get them as an adult and, y'know, die.

Tonsillitis still sucks.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:46
"High polygon count"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> A few months ago I would have called you a liar, but my mate's bird
> and another mate's brother both got mumps not long ago... I couldn't
> believe that they'd never had it as kids. They're 17/18!

I'm 32!

Now any time someone says their kid has one of those, I run a mile in the opposite direction.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I feel for the MoJo. Imagine Christmas dinner, and all its delights, waiting, and it is forbidden to you...
Nasty. Still, it might have cleared up before then, on the optomistic side.
Tue 16/12/03 at 20:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Doc (as in the doctor, not "Great Scott!" doc) said the antibiotics would kick in within 24 hours. I don't quite believe that, but I've only been given enough for a couple of days worth, so who knows?
Tue 16/12/03 at 22:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You contemplated spitting on the carpet?

Only in Newcastle, only in Newcastle.
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
"That's right!"
Contemplated? Hell, I did it for two straight nights. Right inbetween the bed and my bedside drawers. No-one will ever know...

Oh, and I still feel terrible. And now, instead of missing college, I'm missing my Christmas holiday. Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.