GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best/Your' favourite bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 20:53
Regular
Write them here, and give reasons:

Mine are:

. Led Zeppelin - Because they have become legends and write original music with good lyrics and some nice rythms. Unparalleled instrumentals.

. System of a Down - Uber modern. I like some of the lyrics and instrumentals. Sometimes, funny.

. Iron Maiden - Heavier, whilst retaining an actual singing voice. Original and strange songs. Very good instrumentals and thoughtful lyrics. Not obsessed with songs based around love.

. Muse - Another fantastic band, they are also uber modern. A lot of style and absolutely fantastic lyrics/instrumentals.

. The Rolling Stones - A fantastic band that still retain their' crown and have certainly withstood 'the test of time'. Great lyrics and rebellistic opinions.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:57
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Funeral For a Friend - Their melodies are just awesome and their lead guitarist is amazing. (download: Escape Artists Never Die)

Thrice - SOOOOOOOOO much energy in their music, all of the members sing and again just fu**ing awesome all round with a totally insane guitarist.
(download either: To Awake and Avenge the Dead, So Strange I Remember You, Deadbolt OR Phoenix Ignition).

Poison The Well - VERY hardcore new metal and extremely heavy. Amazing with lots of melodic and screamo. (Download: Nerdy OR Slice Paper Wrists). Plus I'm goina see them on Wednesday.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> other notable artists :
>
> massive attack
> royksopp
> ian brown
> goldfrapp
> morcheeba

Yes. Yes. Maybe. Maybe. Yes.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:08
Regular
"QPR 1974"
The best of recent years -

Kings of Leon
The Strokes
JET
The White Stripes
The Coral
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:05
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Propellerheads
> ... talented, fairly original, very under rated and great.
>
> Orbital
> ... untouchable, original and great
>
> Portishead
> ... weird, daring and great.

yep, yep and yep

other notable artists :

massive attack
royksopp
ian brown
goldfrapp
morcheeba
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Faith No More
... superb musicians with bags of talent and originality and were just as fantastic live as they are on their studio albums.

Propellerheads
... talented, fairly original, very under rated and great.

Orbital
... untouchable, original and great

Portishead
... weird, daring and great.

Adam And The Ants
... wrote bloody superb tunes, had two drummers and reminds me of my childhood.

Limp Bizkit
... NOT!
Sun 14/12/03 at 20:53
Regular
Write them here, and give reasons:

Mine are:

. Led Zeppelin - Because they have become legends and write original music with good lyrics and some nice rythms. Unparalleled instrumentals.

. System of a Down - Uber modern. I like some of the lyrics and instrumentals. Sometimes, funny.

. Iron Maiden - Heavier, whilst retaining an actual singing voice. Original and strange songs. Very good instrumentals and thoughtful lyrics. Not obsessed with songs based around love.

. Muse - Another fantastic band, they are also uber modern. A lot of style and absolutely fantastic lyrics/instrumentals.

. The Rolling Stones - A fantastic band that still retain their' crown and have certainly withstood 'the test of time'. Great lyrics and rebellistic opinions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.