GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Christmas spirit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 20:37
Regular
Its that time again, the time for giving, eating turkey roasts wearing paper hats with the family, thats right, Christmas is in the air.

After my first real fore into the Christmas shopping "department" yesterday has given me a bigger sense of that Christmas feeling. So much so, I will wait by the fire on Christmas eve; with a bottle of kerosene in my left hand, and a match in my right; I will wait for the fat man himself, with a little grin on my face.

Christmas is a time for reflection and beginnings, which you are reminded of as you cluster round the table and your little sister pipes in with, "I will stop picking my nose for New Year", and everyone thinks thats New Year. (She says this while she rolls up a big one and flicks it into the gravy)

Christmas is the time for receiving expensive gifts that you may not even want and use them while everyone sits around stuffed full of turkey and Christmas pudding. Christmas is truly here when your' breath starts to freeze into crystals and icicles form on your' nose.

Aside from the anticipation of presents, everyone secretly wants a nice, snowy, Christmas. Another little family caper, where you stuff balls of ice down peoples' shirts, great fun.

And everyone is reminded of the religous elements as carol singers come round to the neighbourhood doorsteps and "the kiddies" have their nativity plays to attend to. Everyone is reminded of the sacrifice of an enfabled man (Jesus), whether they want to be or not.

I love Christmas. Ah.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:19
Regular
Yea true I do spend time with family and family friends on christmas day other than that i don't think going to clubs/drinking parties are that social compared to going to a pub or bar at least you can talk then.
Christmas IS about spending time with friends, family etc if it didn't have that religious feel to it then why are we celebrating christmas?!
It's more than a excuse for people to drink loads and exchange presents with family and friends.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:07
"Darkness, always"
Oh bloody humbug.

Christmas should be about celebrating the birth of Christ, donkey stables, northern stars, wise men and frankensence, right?

Blow me.

It's a time of year when people finally start to act like their social lives are more important than their work lives, and THAT to me, is far more important than any self-indulgent semi-dillusional religious pap message.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:03
Regular
I hate it when people call it a 'christmas' party when they are drinking loads of alcohol which is unhealthy. Even when it's 10 or more days before christmas they call it a christmas party.
People are clearly forgetting what christmas is, drinking is not celebrating anything it's just a bad thing about English culture in my opinion christmas is losing it's importance.
Tue 16/12/03 at 13:56
"i luv my magnum!!"
actually black glove power-cuts is the worst thing at the xmas becuase then how do you game? u cant!! no ps2 or gamecube allllll xmas would drive me crazy
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Black Glove wrote:
> The only thing I like about Christmas Day is the way the world stops
> (or at least semi-stops)... I like power-cuts and traffic-stopping
> blizzards for the same reason.

I agree, I love that sort of thing. Although I like Christmas and my hospital bloody shop doesn't close on Christmas as I need to work.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Christmas Spirit.......

Is whiskey. Copious amounts of it to ease me through this utterly depressing time of year.

I hate it. Arguments, no-one ever happy and "Smile, you have to be happy, its Christmas!" idiocy.

Sooner its over the better..................
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not sure why exactly, but I'm not really looking-forward to Christmas, this year, as much as I usually do.

I don't usually react like a little kid of anything, but I usually look-forward to seeing and getting-together with loads of different people who I don't always get to see all that often...

Perhaps that's why - because there isn't really much 'planned' for this year, aside from my work's Christmas Do next Tuesday, since we'll be moving house next-month, and stuff...?

I don't really want anything for Christmas this year, either.
But I haven't really wanted anything for the last 2-or-3-years, yet, that doesn't appear to have ever affected me before.

I guess Christmas really is all about spending time with people and all that, then...
Tue 16/12/03 at 10:06
"Mimmargh!"
Christmas is a time for suicide, or at least thats what the Samaritans told me.
Tue 16/12/03 at 08:52
Regular
Black Glove wrote:

> The only thing I like about Christmas Day is the way the world stops
> (or at least semi-stops)... I like power-cuts and traffic-stopping
> blizzards for the same reason.

what about nuclear holocausts? :D
Tue 16/12/03 at 08:51
Regular
what I want for christmas is pots of cash so I can enjoy it properly ....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.