GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recorded my first ever short movie today..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yup, I recorded it in Media Studies and man it was fun. We got split up in class in to two groups. One group of boys (4 of us including me) and a group of girls (3 of them today). Each group got given its own digital camera and we had to make a typical film depending on the sex of the group. So the girls did a girly documentary which basically involved them going round the school rating each and every man they saw. Us guys on the other hand did a mix between a lot of different violent, more sinister movies but ended up just doing cheap impersonations and rip offs that we barely managed to film through the mountains of laughter.

We started with one of us getting a dramatic phone call from me (woo hoo). His dad has died. He turns to tell his brother before we cut to a scene of him telling his brother all the details as they go for a walk outside. Half way through though he gets shot! The camera turns around to see me quickly shut the window of the media studies class room on the second room and run off. We see his body on the ground.

Next we go to a scene in which another one of us is a mob boss. He meets up with the surviving brother. Ripped from the god father with cheesy italian accents which makes a change from the cockney accents we all put on for no reason lol. Anyway he says he knows who killed his brother (Me! or Bill as I'm called in the film) This is when I strut in and say someone is waiting for him at the bar. However they both gang up on me and push me to a chair. We then cut from that and have a shot of me bursting through a double door and running through the halls of the school with them in close pursuit. It was funny £h1t lol.

After that we cut to one of two possible endings however in each I die. The first was the one I proposed in which they wheel me in on one of those crate lifting things they use to wheel in hannibal lector in Hannibal. You know the wooden thing with two wheels and two prongs on the bottom? Anyway they wheeled me in lying on that like dead but none of us could stop laughing so the scene was scraped. The camera man keeled over with laughter so most of the scene ended up being of the floor lol. Anyway to make up for it we made it so the two guys dragged me along the floor by my legs into the main entrance way and leave me for dead. They Killed Bill (ohh another film we borrowed from).

All together the footage we could actually use lasts about 2 minutes however we were filming for about 50 mins. There were so many outtakes of us just wetting ourselves with laughter as we just made up the film and dialogue as we went along. We winged it. We didn't even know we were doing it that day! It was a total surprise but oh so fun.

Anyway I just thought I'd tell you about my experience with a digi-camcorder to inspire you all to muck about with one. Believe me when I say it's an absolute blast and I can't wait untill the next time we do it in class:D
Fri 12/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yup, I recorded it in Media Studies and man it was fun. We got split up in class in to two groups. One group of boys (4 of us including me) and a group of girls (3 of them today). Each group got given its own digital camera and we had to make a typical film depending on the sex of the group. So the girls did a girly documentary which basically involved them going round the school rating each and every man they saw. Us guys on the other hand did a mix between a lot of different violent, more sinister movies but ended up just doing cheap impersonations and rip offs that we barely managed to film through the mountains of laughter.

We started with one of us getting a dramatic phone call from me (woo hoo). His dad has died. He turns to tell his brother before we cut to a scene of him telling his brother all the details as they go for a walk outside. Half way through though he gets shot! The camera turns around to see me quickly shut the window of the media studies class room on the second room and run off. We see his body on the ground.

Next we go to a scene in which another one of us is a mob boss. He meets up with the surviving brother. Ripped from the god father with cheesy italian accents which makes a change from the cockney accents we all put on for no reason lol. Anyway he says he knows who killed his brother (Me! or Bill as I'm called in the film) This is when I strut in and say someone is waiting for him at the bar. However they both gang up on me and push me to a chair. We then cut from that and have a shot of me bursting through a double door and running through the halls of the school with them in close pursuit. It was funny £h1t lol.

After that we cut to one of two possible endings however in each I die. The first was the one I proposed in which they wheel me in on one of those crate lifting things they use to wheel in hannibal lector in Hannibal. You know the wooden thing with two wheels and two prongs on the bottom? Anyway they wheeled me in lying on that like dead but none of us could stop laughing so the scene was scraped. The camera man keeled over with laughter so most of the scene ended up being of the floor lol. Anyway to make up for it we made it so the two guys dragged me along the floor by my legs into the main entrance way and leave me for dead. They Killed Bill (ohh another film we borrowed from).

All together the footage we could actually use lasts about 2 minutes however we were filming for about 50 mins. There were so many outtakes of us just wetting ourselves with laughter as we just made up the film and dialogue as we went along. We winged it. We didn't even know we were doing it that day! It was a total surprise but oh so fun.

Anyway I just thought I'd tell you about my experience with a digi-camcorder to inspire you all to muck about with one. Believe me when I say it's an absolute blast and I can't wait untill the next time we do it in class:D
Fri 12/12/03 at 20:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Already sounds more fun than my course. We make documentaries and news broadcasts. Woo hoo.
Fri 12/12/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Notable"
and now you want one cubist?
Fri 12/12/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Indeed I do, I'll settle for a decent stills camera though :D
Sat 13/12/03 at 19:38
Regular
"None Stored"
I thought it was terrible, the camera work was bad and the sound was terrible. Next time let me direct, I'm better than you.
Sat 13/12/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Pfft you can't tell the camera lense from your ar$e OMF. Just leave it to the pro's.

P.s. Me thinks someone is a little bit jealous? Go back to the art department and paint a show lol:P Aint I spiteful?:D
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
*shoe

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.