GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Camcorder Advice Please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I want a digital camcorder, I have limited funs and a monthly income of only £50. I want my camera to be DV in/out, be of relatively good sound and picture quality. Must have a screen on the side and as I've said not to be too expensive. Please no analogue camcorders. Please list all the ones you find here, with prices and a link if possible. Thanks loads people :D
Fri 12/12/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeh guess I should IB. Still, I think I'll try and get a proper bo stills digital camera. I've needed a camera of my own for ages anyway and a nice digital one should do the trick:D
Fri 12/12/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Staff are showing their true colours.

Well, if stupid has a colour, they would be showing it anyway :P
Fri 12/12/03 at 15:23
Regular
"cachoo"
Um. Helloo? IB? Heheh.. um.. What happened there?!
Fri 12/12/03 at 15:10
"Darkness, always"
Yeah, wait til you can afford a quality one, and get a good editing package for it too.

Before you know it you'll be making mini star wars films.
Fri 12/12/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well today in my media studies class we made sort of improvised movies with digital cameras. We were split into two groups, guys and gals which meant that the 4 guys (including me) and the 3 gals had to go off with the cameras to make up something off the top of our heads. I ended up being the co-star WOO HOO heh:D It started off like Phone Booth with one guy talking on the phone and getting told his mates dad had just died. Then we decided to leave the phone but still have a sniper (me!). I ended up shooting him from the media studies window up on the second floor as he was talking in the playground. We actually managed to film that quite well. Then we decided to go for a god father effect with the guy I just killed being part of a mob and when they found out it was me we got a variety of shots of me just being chased around the school (fantastic lol!) Finally we decided to stick a bit of Hannibal Lector in there by using one of those things they use to carry crates. You know the wooden things with two metal prongs at the bottom and wheels on to carry them about? To carry my dead body after they'd killed me lol. No one could keep a straight face though lol. I ended up being dragged by my legs across the floor for the death scene. Still funny but a bit less funny.

Anywat in conclusion i had a blast doing that and it gave me a real kick so i want to do it again :D
Fri 12/12/03 at 14:44
"Darkness, always"
What do you want the camcorder for anyway?

if you want it for making family fun DVDs, fine. If you want to make your own mock zombie movies and stuff, I'd wait until you can afford a decent model.
Fri 12/12/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeh I know:( I am going to get about £200 for christmas though so even if I don't spend all of that on a digi cam I should at least be able to buy a nice stills camera.
Fri 12/12/03 at 14:40
"Darkness, always"
Personally, I would suggest you wait until January, and try to pick up something in the sales on finance, a monthly income of £50 isn't going to get you much otherwise.
Fri 12/12/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Cough Flash Git! Cough lol:P It's so unfair. I don't even have a job:(
Fri 12/12/03 at 14:23
"Darkness, always"
I'm in the market for a digicamcorder too.

By contrast, I have a monthly income of shedloads, and a budget for buying the camcorder outright of £1,000.

Help me, help me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.