GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can’t shtands no more!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/08/00 at 13:04
Regular
“Fanboy” - this is a term I’ve been hearing a lot over the past few months. I haven’t had any experiences with any because usually if I see a “fanboy” post I usually look the other way. But, as Popeye would say “I can’t shtands no more!”

Why can’t these “fanboy’s” see beyond your own little world? Where your preferred console is the dominant force and the competition doesn’t even exist. Why? Is it because you feel insecure about your console? You feel you need to belittle another console because you don’t own one or can’t afford to own another console? I am sick and tired of hearing stupid comments such as; “The PS2 is much better than Dreamcast cause’ it has better graphics! I know I see the screenshots in (enter magazine name here)”

If you’re going to put forth an argument about two consoles, make sure you have the facts to back up your statement (i.e. actually having played or seen the game/console in action) and then post an intelligent, mature discussion.
Fri 04/08/00 at 15:40
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It's not that,

It is just that people want to stick up for the console they have, There is no war going on and many of the people who have opposite consoles are great friends and always want to play the other ones games. No console is inferior to any other apart from the Playstation and that sucks....now there you see I was 'belittling' the Play station but It is all one big joke and no-one is taking this pretend war seriously...understand?

I am sure that everone is happy with their console and will be with the ones they buy in the future, there is no war and hatred in the gaming world...is there?!
Thu 03/08/00 at 23:37
I think all consoles have their good points, but for some, the bad just outweigh the good, or vice versa, or some are plain average.

The playstation has some great games, loads to choose from and is cheap, but is now dated

The N64 has ground breaking games, no loading times, but lacks a varied range (no RPGs or good beat-em-ups) and expensive

I won't comment on DC, as I don't own it.

Anyway, I don't care what others think of my machine, as long as I am happy with my purchase.
Thu 03/08/00 at 14:21
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah I know what you mean.
Everybody knows that the Nintendo Dolphin is best anyway so why do they bother. I've never played any of the "next generation" consoles but I just know......
Thu 03/08/00 at 13:04
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
“Fanboy” - this is a term I’ve been hearing a lot over the past few months. I haven’t had any experiences with any because usually if I see a “fanboy” post I usually look the other way. But, as Popeye would say “I can’t shtands no more!”

Why can’t these “fanboy’s” see beyond your own little world? Where your preferred console is the dominant force and the competition doesn’t even exist. Why? Is it because you feel insecure about your console? You feel you need to belittle another console because you don’t own one or can’t afford to own another console? I am sick and tired of hearing stupid comments such as; “The PS2 is much better than Dreamcast cause’ it has better graphics! I know I see the screenshots in (enter magazine name here)”

If you’re going to put forth an argument about two consoles, make sure you have the facts to back up your statement (i.e. actually having played or seen the game/console in action) and then post an intelligent, mature discussion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.