GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need cheats"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/01 at 19:47
Regular
We need cheats for games in the back of the instruction manuals because there is no point playing a game without a new way of playing it.
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:47
Regular
We need cheats for games in the back of the instruction manuals because there is no point playing a game without a new way of playing it.
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:50
you little weasel wot is the point in playing wiht cheats?
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:51
Regular
What games companies tend to do is make the manual as short as possible or put it on disk to save money.

Then they release a strategy guide with all the cheats in which actually spoils the game if you buy it yet you find all the cheats in it!

By the way I bought a Pokemon Yellow guide from Special Reserve when it was first out in the UK and it cost me £9.99

However I found out the RRP was £4.99 and that's what it was sold at in the shops!
Sat 17/03/01 at 20:19
Regular
Why bother playing with the cheats? If you have completed a game through cheating, then you haven't really completed it, have you? To me, there is no satisfaction in cheating!
Sat 17/03/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I think you gus are missing the point, this guy was meerly saying that if we have cheats to add to the longetivity of a game it would be better...he didn't say anything about using cheats to complete a game
Sat 17/03/01 at 20:35
Regular
I am no weasel i am a 12 year old buy i was only making a suggestion
Sat 17/03/01 at 20:36
Regular
I agree but games should be made to everybodys standards
Sat 17/03/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Sometimes I'll get bored of a game before I've completed it...

And although I know I'll never play it again (completed or not) I quite fancy seeing the rest of the game... seeing how it turns out...

So if I can grab a cheat to get past a puzzle then I probably will...

Since, If I wont play the game again anyway... whats the difference?
Sat 17/03/01 at 21:29
sorry marc i didnt know u were 12.
Sat 17/03/01 at 21:33
Regular
How old are you apoc???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.