GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web scroller help..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/12/03 at 16:26
Regular
This is gunna sound really weird, as it's hard to explain.

Basically, I've got a script for a scroller.

http://www.harperhotel.staghost.com/newsite/index.htm

Thats the same code I have on a different version of my site, so bare in mind it's not gunna be wasted on some Irish nob head. ;c)

Once the text has scrolled off, I want a different piece of text to scroll on but stop when it gets to the end and not scroll off, and I need for the original scroll text not to scroll back on again. Does that sound possible?

Scroll one > Scroll on > Scroll off >
Scroll two > Scroll on > Stay on the page until the person reloads again

If you see what I am saying.

So, does anyone know if this is possible?
Tue 09/12/03 at 19:52
Regular
var repeat=0 //enter 0 to not repeat scrolling after 1 run, othersise, enter 1

I enter this into the code yet it still doesn't work. :c(
Tue 09/12/03 at 19:20
Regular
I don't know how (a)

:cP
Tue 09/12/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Surely you could just set up a loop (can't be arsed to write the script for you though :P)?
Tue 09/12/03 at 16:26
Regular
This is gunna sound really weird, as it's hard to explain.

Basically, I've got a script for a scroller.

http://www.harperhotel.staghost.com/newsite/index.htm

Thats the same code I have on a different version of my site, so bare in mind it's not gunna be wasted on some Irish nob head. ;c)

Once the text has scrolled off, I want a different piece of text to scroll on but stop when it gets to the end and not scroll off, and I need for the original scroll text not to scroll back on again. Does that sound possible?

Scroll one > Scroll on > Scroll off >
Scroll two > Scroll on > Stay on the page until the person reloads again

If you see what I am saying.

So, does anyone know if this is possible?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.