GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Minidisc masters - i call apon you!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/12/03 at 13:17
Regular
"always swirling"
My portable CD player went dead on me a few days back and so I need a portable music player. I have decided to get a minidisk player as they look good (how shallow do I sound?).

However I know nothing about minidsc players, so this is where you lovely people come in…

Apparently you record your own minidisks, so how would I get one of my CD albums onto a minidisk so I could play it on the minidisk player.

Additionally could you tell me pros and cons of minidisks compared to a CD.

Also can you recommend any players to me; my budget is £129.99

Thanks
TT
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:56
Regular
"always swirling"
after much thought i have decided to go for the Sony MZ-N510 Silver Net MiniDisc Walkman.

thanks for all your advice. :D
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Selected"
hard drive
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Selected"
like someone said, some (and most now), let you record straight from a hi-fi to your mini disc.

I have a Sony Net MD so i can plug mine into the USB port on my computer and (with the software they provide) copy music CD's or music from my hardrive from PC onto mini disc.
Tue 09/12/03 at 14:15
Regular
"always swirling"
ok so say i have a minidisc player, how would i get my cd's onto minidiscs?
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:57
Regular
If you get a minidisc player which can record and playback in LP4 mode, you can store 4 times what you normally can on a minidisc. I managed to get 6 full CDs onto on minidisc before, and the playback is still stereo and of very high quality.

Its up to you whether you want a minidisc player or an MP3 player like the Ipod - but atleast if you have a player with removeable media, you don't lose your collection if just the player breaks.
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:48
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Like phi11ip said, an iPod or a Zen would be better and easier to use.

However ...

You can record 74 minutes and 59 seconds on a blank standard Minidisc and most portable players have a 'Record' fuction so you can just hook it up to your hi-fi.

Pro's ...

... you can delete, move, split or combine tracks easily
... you can add to discs after your initial record unlike CD-R's
... you can fit nearly 150 minutes on a single disc if you record in mono

Con's ...

... going out of date, slowly
... not as good sound quality as CD
... discs can be expensive

I don't know any decent players off the top of my head but I used to have a very nice Denon DMD1000 in my hi-fi setup. You can't go wrong with a Sony, I imagine.
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Minidisks are falling out of date already.

Get an Ipod or a ZEN.

About twice the price but a million times better. You don't have to keep buying minidisks and you can have your entire music collection in your pocket.

Just ask for some money for Christmas...
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:17
Regular
"always swirling"
My portable CD player went dead on me a few days back and so I need a portable music player. I have decided to get a minidisk player as they look good (how shallow do I sound?).

However I know nothing about minidsc players, so this is where you lovely people come in…

Apparently you record your own minidisks, so how would I get one of my CD albums onto a minidisk so I could play it on the minidisk player.

Additionally could you tell me pros and cons of minidisks compared to a CD.

Also can you recommend any players to me; my budget is £129.99

Thanks
TT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.