GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've fallen in love with this little beauty once again.

Many have come and gone since it's release, and all have failed to knock it from it's place up high.

After playing PES3 for many moons on my PS2 (before I sold that bas), I didn't think I'd be bae to get into another Pro Evo game. And when I played PES4, I certainly wasn't happy at first - it was, on first impressions, very much the same.

But now? Now I'm going through Master League properly. On 6 star. One defeat in the league, soldiering on in the cup, Park Ji Sung and Pablo Aimar dominating my midfeild with Barota managing the long balls that are constantly played to him.

And online? Oh, the online. There are few games that are so perfect with a friend as PES4 online. I often have bouts with Ashman (Gamertag: Ashmanok) and Oriental Rib (Gamertag: Dolores i) and it's far superior to anything else online, when done correctly. Whether it's scoring a 30 yard wonder goal against Creepy or a tap in against Joe (as usual), I have found nothing to match the feeling.

If you haven't got it, do. It'll be going for cheap on eBay now that it's not the 'hot' item of the moment. If you're looking for a stopgap through the long hard pre-season, this is certainly it. And yes, it's far superior to that Fifa 2005 rubbish. Even if Fifa does have Columbus Crew and Edson Buddle to help it through.

Get it, hoves.
Mon 09/05/05 at 00:08
Regular
"es argh"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
>Rooney and Martins upfront with Farfan backing them up

Farfan backing them up? Pah.

The legend he is scored 7 on his debut against Real Madrid for me, for this, I love him.
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Nextbaumege would do it all day, J-42
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Maradona, "The Roo"* and Pele up front. Zidane backing them up, with Cruyff and Di Stefano on the wings. In defence, I've got Roberto Carlos, Nesta, Baresi and Koebi. In goal - Gordan Banks.

Good luck scoring against me.

*Rooney.
Sun 08/05/05 at 15:37
Regular
"That's right!"
Still playing it regulary after getting it when it came out. And I've got two mates into it (one bought it, and an X-Box to go with it)

I'm not on Live but my master league game is the shizniz. Newcastle Utd rated best team in the world? Heck yes. Rooney and Martins up front with Farfan backing them up = lots of goals.
Sun 08/05/05 at 14:26
Regular
Still, the cheating AI can be infuriating...
Sat 07/05/05 at 18:31
Regular
Every game? Peice off fool. We generally have close close games when in the mood.
Sat 07/05/05 at 16:19
Regular
You failed to mention my goal from kick off.

Pass, pass, shoot. Goal. :p

But yes, your wonder goal was indeed a wonder.
Sat 07/05/05 at 14:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I utterly own Dolores every game. Even if he is hellbent on losing by purposely passing to my players and such.
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:57
Regular
"Touched!"
I will face you..and like Dolores...you will suffer :P
Sat 07/05/05 at 13:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've fallen in love with this little beauty once again.

Many have come and gone since it's release, and all have failed to knock it from it's place up high.

After playing PES3 for many moons on my PS2 (before I sold that bas), I didn't think I'd be bae to get into another Pro Evo game. And when I played PES4, I certainly wasn't happy at first - it was, on first impressions, very much the same.

But now? Now I'm going through Master League properly. On 6 star. One defeat in the league, soldiering on in the cup, Park Ji Sung and Pablo Aimar dominating my midfeild with Barota managing the long balls that are constantly played to him.

And online? Oh, the online. There are few games that are so perfect with a friend as PES4 online. I often have bouts with Ashman (Gamertag: Ashmanok) and Oriental Rib (Gamertag: Dolores i) and it's far superior to anything else online, when done correctly. Whether it's scoring a 30 yard wonder goal against Creepy or a tap in against Joe (as usual), I have found nothing to match the feeling.

If you haven't got it, do. It'll be going for cheap on eBay now that it's not the 'hot' item of the moment. If you're looking for a stopgap through the long hard pre-season, this is certainly it. And yes, it's far superior to that Fifa 2005 rubbish. Even if Fifa does have Columbus Crew and Edson Buddle to help it through.

Get it, hoves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.