GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which USB pendrive/Mp3 player?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/12/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hi all.

I'm getting one of these off my folks for Chrimbo. Which one is the best for the price/features/size? I'm thinking of getting the Creative Labs Nomad Nx 128, because it looks the nuts, but is a bit too expensive:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ q_GG9429_creative_labs_noma.html

Anyone know any other USB drives/Mp3 players that are up to par?
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hi all.

I'm getting one of these off my folks for Chrimbo. Which one is the best for the price/features/size? I'm thinking of getting the Creative Labs Nomad Nx 128, because it looks the nuts, but is a bit too expensive:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ q_GG9429_creative_labs_noma.html

Anyone know any other USB drives/Mp3 players that are up to par?
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Get a ZEN.

That will keep them sorted for years.

128meg is pathetic.
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:50
Regular
"..."
Word up dogg, I thought the oracom one was wicked when we had it to play with in the office. Well worth a look :)
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:55
No try this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3063314908&category=48451&rd=1

There's no eaphones, but fer christ's sake, an 128MB SM card with it!!! Come on!!!
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Digging!"
I would advise the Sony NW-MS70 Network Walkman but the cheepest I've seen that is around £200. Erm... I think if you can strech to the Creative (posibly spend some of you chrispo money on it in addtion?) I would, as from experiance you regret it if you don't get the best you can afford (I bought a MD Walkman for £150 and after about half a yeah I sold it to me bro for £50 so I could get a £250 one because it had a remote, rechagable battery, it was a net MD, etc and my old one had none of that).
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
How about an iPod? I know it's not a pendrive but I had to say it just to annoy phi11ip ...

:-)
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Digging!"
Timmargh wrote:
> How about an iPod? I know it's not a pendrive but I had to say it just
> to annoy phi11ip ...
>
> :-)

Cost a stupid amount of money, they do (although they are good). But, the Sony is better and almost half the price!
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Twenty quid."
You can use the iPod as a FireWire drive, too. But I must admit the Sony looks nice ...
Mon 08/12/03 at 17:02
Regular
"relocated"
I've got one of the original Muvo mp3 players, without the fancy screen. Cost me about ninety quid when I bought it. The best things about it are (a) no more floppy disks, and (b) the ability to buy a headphone-jack-to-stereo lead and go round to your mates' houses and annoy them with your fantastic taste in music. I don't know what the headphones are like because I threw them away but the sound quality is very good.
Tue 09/12/03 at 06:42
Regular
The Muvo NX is the best out there if you're not after a jukebox drive. You can also get those Muvo2 drives, about 1.5Gb or something.

If it is a jukebox you want, get a Zen rather than the iPod. They do exactly the same (including using firewire) and are so much cheaper.

iPod just looks nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.