GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just A Thought About Rivaldo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/12/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
With Rivaldo leaving Milan and being available on a free now i wondered what with United wanting someone who can play just behind Ruud why doesn't Fergie sign him?

He's free which i'm sure is a very big plus in the boards view and he can still do a very good job out on the pitch. He hasn't had a very good time at Milan and i'm sure that lack of match time would mean it would take him a few games to get back up to pace, which is a downer on the move, however once he does get going i can't think of anyone any better, more creative and deadlier then this world cup winner. We all saw at the Chelsea game how absolutely poor we were at creating chances (but in my opinion that was down to Fergie but not discussing that right now) and having Rivaldo floating around the pitch would give us that creative spark which we need back.
He can also play on the wings which is another plus. What with Ronaldo still being young and inexperienced we need someone who has played in big games and brings with him big game experience, which Rivaldo has by the bucket load. Ever since Becks left we haven't really had anyone who's been sending cross after cross into the box which Rivaldo can do, and unlike Becks he won't have any qualms at running at defences.

Personally i think he'd be a very good signing come January. He's free, versatile, experienced and i don't think he has played in the Champions League this year has he? The only trouble could be his wages and his attitude but given the history Fergie has of handling 'characters' like Cantona, Rivaldo shouldn't cause any problems. It also means instead of buying one player Fergie can strengthen elsewhere.

So what do other people think? Would you like to see some more samba magic at the Theatre of Dreams?
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
With Rivaldo leaving Milan and being available on a free now i wondered what with United wanting someone who can play just behind Ruud why doesn't Fergie sign him?

He's free which i'm sure is a very big plus in the boards view and he can still do a very good job out on the pitch. He hasn't had a very good time at Milan and i'm sure that lack of match time would mean it would take him a few games to get back up to pace, which is a downer on the move, however once he does get going i can't think of anyone any better, more creative and deadlier then this world cup winner. We all saw at the Chelsea game how absolutely poor we were at creating chances (but in my opinion that was down to Fergie but not discussing that right now) and having Rivaldo floating around the pitch would give us that creative spark which we need back.
He can also play on the wings which is another plus. What with Ronaldo still being young and inexperienced we need someone who has played in big games and brings with him big game experience, which Rivaldo has by the bucket load. Ever since Becks left we haven't really had anyone who's been sending cross after cross into the box which Rivaldo can do, and unlike Becks he won't have any qualms at running at defences.

Personally i think he'd be a very good signing come January. He's free, versatile, experienced and i don't think he has played in the Champions League this year has he? The only trouble could be his wages and his attitude but given the history Fergie has of handling 'characters' like Cantona, Rivaldo shouldn't cause any problems. It also means instead of buying one player Fergie can strengthen elsewhere.

So what do other people think? Would you like to see some more samba magic at the Theatre of Dreams?
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
He's old and his wage demands are bound to be high. He will also expect first team football all the time.
Sun 07/12/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
English_Bloke wrote:
> He's old and his wage demands are bound to be high. He will also
> expect first team football all the time.

He's got about 3-4 seasons left in him and he could surprise us and just be grateful that a top team like United want him and with the new experience of playing in England lower his wage demands. Not very likely but a chance :-D

But anyway with Fergie signing Blanc a couple seasons back, Rivaldo will seem like a teenage wonderkid :-D
Sun 07/12/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I see him going to a mid-table team.
Sun 07/12/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
True.

And don't forget this: Since he's getting a bit old, and he's foreign, he seems Bolton or Middlesborough bound.
Sun 07/12/03 at 16:30
"LOLLERSKATES!"
yep.
wolves tryed to get him.
Sun 07/12/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Don't you mean 'tried'?
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:17
Regular
Would be nice to slot him in the team with Kleberson (who is starting to look like a class act himself)

The guy is still a starter for the world champions (scored for them last month) so should be able to do a job anywhere in the world.
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:19
Regular
Oh yeh, and dont forget we would have had 30 somthing Di canio had Yorke left earlier.

Not to forget Teddy sheringham either.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:23
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I see him going to a mid-table team.

Villa must be the favourites to grab him, they sooooo desperately need a player of his quality and could easily afford his wages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.