GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best way to level up?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm only just coming up to lvl 13 (one more kill would do it infact!) but that's taken me 20 hours but I've been pratting around a lot of the time. Anyway what is the best way to level up? I'm a human warrior so what things should I be doing and where? I've completed most of the quests in Kharanos and I'm not sure where to go now? I'm a noob at this but I'm slowing getting back into it since getting my new rig up and running. I've obtained a silver bar too (is that much use?). I'm assuming I should keep questing to level up? I just fancy going somewhere different. I've got a rust-covered blunderbuss gun. Is it worth me training to use this because I've got nothing for long range combat. I know I'm a noob but if someone could point me in the right direction I'm sure I'll improve a fair bit!

PS does anyone know any sites which give you the quest locations/marks etc?
Tue 10/05/05 at 15:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Grinding Xp really can help to lvl up i feel. There are times when i can only spend an hour on the game, or i cant be bothered to quest, so i will go do a bit of grinding. For me i find its easy to grind 5000-10000 points in a session. Me and my pet can usually take on 2/3 mobs my own lvl and just wipe out the mobs in that area.

Im lvl 37 now and lot of that has been done with grinding here and there.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, as has been said just quest. Grinding mobs really isnt the way to level in this game, even with rest xp questing will get you levelling faster.

Grinding mobs can get you rich though, especially the rock elementals in badlands.
Tue 10/05/05 at 06:33
Regular
Yeah Westfall is the best place to go at that level, although you may want to reconsider re-rolling a Hunter. Can use pretty much every weapon a Warrior can and even has a pet at level 10. Only downside is they can't wear mail until level 40 or plate at all.

I'm lvl14.5 roughly, just cashed in a couple of old Loch Modan quests and am heading back to Westfall to crack on with the quests there.

When my Druid was at level 24, I found it almost impossible to level up.
Then I relaised it was because all I was doing was mining and making copper tubes/whirring gizmos/blasting powders. As soon as I started questing again, I practically shot up to level 28! I'm now taking a break from my Druid to focus on my Hunter, whom I plan on getting to at least the same level in a fraction of the time!
Tue 10/05/05 at 01:59
Regular
"Touched!"
phi11ip wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> *turns on auto-run*
>
> There's an auto run?

Yup, press num lock :)
Tue 10/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Best way I found, go to one area, select about five quests (or how many are available) go out, complete each one, then come back and hand them all in at once. It's like one huge experience point boost in one go.

Make sure they are quests that have you killing things though, lots of XP and lots of loot.
Tue 10/05/05 at 00:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> *turns on auto-run*

There's an auto run?
Mon 09/05/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Touched!"
Aye the running is *really* annoying..at Westfall now and already dying here there and everywhere :(
Mon 09/05/05 at 23:34
Regular
A warrior?

Have fun running to your corpse :)

Took me ages to get my warrior through Westfall, and I was already an experienced player.

"Damn, an add"

*stretches*

*turns on auto-run*
Mon 09/05/05 at 21:53
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers. Will check westfall out mate.
Mon 09/05/05 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Go to Westfall and do quests.

Quests = XP = levels

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.