GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contrasting Bands I've Started To Like :S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/12/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well since all these new albums are coming out for christmas I have been hearing a variety of different bands I would never normally listen to. I have found myself wanting the Blink 182 album, the muse album, Dido album, Red Hot Chili Peppers greatest hits album, Evanescence album and more. In the past I'd liked one or two of their songs but never wanted their albums before. I just find it quite wierd how i have suddenly got these new bands I like. Ack well just though I'd tell you all and ask what albums (if any) you're wanting this christmas? Just be good little boys and girls and Santa will get you them!:D Hurrah!
Sat 06/12/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well since all these new albums are coming out for christmas I have been hearing a variety of different bands I would never normally listen to. I have found myself wanting the Blink 182 album, the muse album, Dido album, Red Hot Chili Peppers greatest hits album, Evanescence album and more. In the past I'd liked one or two of their songs but never wanted their albums before. I just find it quite wierd how i have suddenly got these new bands I like. Ack well just though I'd tell you all and ask what albums (if any) you're wanting this christmas? Just be good little boys and girls and Santa will get you them!:D Hurrah!
Sat 06/12/03 at 21:30
"period drama"
A good song is a good song, whoever sings it.
Anyone who denies this is a moron.

I want Kings of Leon and Starsailor for Christmas.
Yummy.
Sat 06/12/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I totally agree FFF. You should meet some of my mates. I liked Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake. However because A)It's mainstream and B)It's sung by Justin Timberlake it is bad. They are their reasons for disliking that and quite a lot of other songs too. They say all true music lovers listen to bands that aren't main stream. If you enjoy mainstream music you're just a 12 year old to them lol. They are so wierd. I like both, they should too.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:32
Regular
"not dead"
You can like what you like, as far as I'm concerned.

I've found myself (very rarely) liking something considered to be a 'pop' song in the past, and I'm not going to stop because it's 'pop'.

Though Dido annoys the hell out of me, being so darm miserable all of the time. If I was her, my second album would have been 45 minutes of laughter, climaxing with her saying "I'm rich now, ha, ha! All for being a miserable old trout!" The front cover should have been her smiling, sticking her fingers up.

Though that may not have been a good career move...
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:49
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> You should meet some of my mates.

Do you mean mate?

Cry me a river was complete and utter rubbish. No matter who had sung it it would have been crap. I liked "rock your body" so I don't have a personal vendetta agaisnt anything Justin Timberlake sings. Most of the mainstream stuff is crap though because its 12 year olds that make it mainstream, so you end up with bands like Busted singing about a 33 year old teacher.
Sun 07/12/03 at 13:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'd like the RHCP's Greatest Hits DVD... i mean i've *got* the majority of the songs but the videos etc would be nice...
Mon 08/12/03 at 10:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
new dido album is pretty cool :)

at the moment i'm after the new Nelly Furtado album and i REALLY want the new Sikth record for doth rock balls.
Mon 08/12/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm into metal, industrial and dance music (not D.J's, bands like Underworld and Orbital)

My latest album that I got for my birthday, "Sugarbabes - Three."

Great album.

What the hell is happening to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.