GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 5 Fight Films!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/01 at 22:59
Regular
You have to admit that there have been many great films down the years involving fighting and so this is why I have decided to discuss this.

Below is my top 5 fight films in order:

1. The Matrix

Yes I know there were lots of technical aids for these scenes but the actual fighting was superb. Well choreographed and looking good. My favourite scene is in the training Dojo when Morpheous and Neo get it on. Some of the moves are unbelievable and the fight lasts a good long while. They took 5 months training for this film and these scenes, it certainly paid off. The best kung fu action scenes since Bruce Lee.

2. Gladiator

A real attempt this one, as it was always going to be hard to make this kind of film. My best fight moments from this one are the scene in Zuchabaar when maximus kills 5 enemies single handedly, finishing with a brutal decapitation, and the final battle, not so much for the fight itself as for the sheer passion of Russell Crowes performance.
The film also has several other stunning fight scenes, especially the first battle in Germania, where some real blood flies!

3. Enter The Dragon

I could have named 5 Bruce Lee flicks here and there'd be little argument. The best martial artist of many years kicks and punches loadsa baddies here. Simply too many good fight scenes to mention, it may look dated now but they are still superb martial artists.

4. Fight Club

For sheer brutality, the scenes in Fight Club were viscious to say the least, but none of the rousing fight scenes can match the immortal scene where, as Brad Pitt put it "I want you to hit me..as hard as you can" and Ed Norton responds with a slap.

5. Rocky

We all know that if any real boxer was hit as many times as Stallone in the Rocky films, he'd need sponging from the ring. But this was Hollywood and therefore they could make it as brutal as they liked. Stallones battles in the Rocky films were always passionate and deadly, and none ,ore so than his tumultuous battles with Mr T and Dolph Lundgren.

Let me know what your top 5 fight movies are by replying to this message.
Thu 22/03/01 at 13:17
Regular
"not dead"
Bloodsport starring Jean Claude Van Damme.

Does 'The Karate Kid' count as a fighting film?
Wed 21/03/01 at 07:54
I think the fight seen at the end of Jackie Chan's Who Am I is awesome... there're too many good fight films to mention, but most of mine would be like Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee films. Martial Arts r da best!
Tue 20/03/01 at 18:21
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
And here's mine: 1. The Little Mermaid
2. The Emperor's New Groove
3. Aladdin
4. Cindarella
5. Rocky And Bullwinkle
Mon 19/03/01 at 22:28
I'll be polite this time.

Salutations all. I would like to inform you of my top five 'fight' films. (Fight. Such a harsh word) Shall we not recapture our good-natured neighborly atmosphere and baptise the word as 'challenge', oh deary me)

Anyhow, the nominations are (in no particular order):

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Raging Bull
Seven Samurai
The Killer (John Woo and Chow Yun Fat, a delmightful combo if I may say so myself.)
And in a way you can see Chinatownas a fight movie. Actually I don't care Roman Polanski is GOD!

Sun 18/03/01 at 18:18
"Moderator"
Change your format King oz, it makes me want to burn a grave,

'(.)'
Sun 18/03/01 at 10:22
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Here's mine;

1. Fist Of Legend
2. Drunken Master
3. Enter The Dragon
4. Black Mask
5. Matrix
Fri 16/03/01 at 22:59
Regular
You have to admit that there have been many great films down the years involving fighting and so this is why I have decided to discuss this.

Below is my top 5 fight films in order:

1. The Matrix

Yes I know there were lots of technical aids for these scenes but the actual fighting was superb. Well choreographed and looking good. My favourite scene is in the training Dojo when Morpheous and Neo get it on. Some of the moves are unbelievable and the fight lasts a good long while. They took 5 months training for this film and these scenes, it certainly paid off. The best kung fu action scenes since Bruce Lee.

2. Gladiator

A real attempt this one, as it was always going to be hard to make this kind of film. My best fight moments from this one are the scene in Zuchabaar when maximus kills 5 enemies single handedly, finishing with a brutal decapitation, and the final battle, not so much for the fight itself as for the sheer passion of Russell Crowes performance.
The film also has several other stunning fight scenes, especially the first battle in Germania, where some real blood flies!

3. Enter The Dragon

I could have named 5 Bruce Lee flicks here and there'd be little argument. The best martial artist of many years kicks and punches loadsa baddies here. Simply too many good fight scenes to mention, it may look dated now but they are still superb martial artists.

4. Fight Club

For sheer brutality, the scenes in Fight Club were viscious to say the least, but none of the rousing fight scenes can match the immortal scene where, as Brad Pitt put it "I want you to hit me..as hard as you can" and Ed Norton responds with a slap.

5. Rocky

We all know that if any real boxer was hit as many times as Stallone in the Rocky films, he'd need sponging from the ring. But this was Hollywood and therefore they could make it as brutal as they liked. Stallones battles in the Rocky films were always passionate and deadly, and none ,ore so than his tumultuous battles with Mr T and Dolph Lundgren.

Let me know what your top 5 fight movies are by replying to this message.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.