GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron 'l do is Keane Butt he isnt that Klever son"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/12/03 at 12:43
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive watched Ronaldo alot lately and he is a star in the making but does anyone else agree that his step-overs are almost comical and over-used?

When he runs at defenders (like Giggs) he terrifies them but when he dances on hot coal doing his little step-over routine it just cracks me up and i can almost hear the defenders laughing at him too... despite his obvious talent he isnt the most gracious of players.
Thu 04/12/03 at 12:43
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ive watched Ronaldo alot lately and he is a star in the making but does anyone else agree that his step-overs are almost comical and over-used?

When he runs at defenders (like Giggs) he terrifies them but when he dances on hot coal doing his little step-over routine it just cracks me up and i can almost hear the defenders laughing at him too... despite his obvious talent he isnt the most gracious of players.
Thu 04/12/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Notable"
hmm...we all agreed when we first seen him. Now shut up
Thu 04/12/03 at 15:24
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Dont talk to me like that.

Why have so many people got issues on these forums?
Thu 04/12/03 at 16:57
"Darkness, always"
The problem is he is often rooted to the spot when he's doing the stepovers, if he can keep the ball moving while he's doing it, it will confuse the defender, but from standing still, the defender just has to stand there and wait for him to pick a direction.
Fri 05/12/03 at 05:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think it's great personally, confuse the defender with a blur of silver and then dance past him.

All hail the Michael Flatley (sp?) of football
Fri 05/12/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But he's still young! Only 18, in fact. What you must remember is that he has come from the Portuguease first-division - where players are given more time and space on the ball to express themselves (much like in La Liga) - to the Premiership - where every player (even the goalkeeper!) is closed-down almost instantly and bought back down to reality, the hard way.

That is why we hear so-many foreigners (epecially the French!) whinging about how "rough" life is in English Football, and how the feel their lifes' are (apparently) "at risk" because of how physical the game is over here, compared to what they're used to.

He isn't 'bad' at it now, he just needs a better understanding of how the average Premier League defender `works´, to find the best way around him to avoid the challenges and keep on-going with his runs.
But he's still likely to be a major-threat in Europe.

In another 2 or 3 years time, he could taking the league by storm, you know...! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.