GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube and the X-Box are just as powerful."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
I'm fed up of saying this, so I'm posting this one the forums, and I'm going to pop it everytime someone thinks different to the above.

Because it's getting to me. :0D

I might even explain WHY the Gamecube is as fast as the X-Box later... ;0)

BTW: The X-Box looks rather disapointing at the moment.
Fri 16/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
I'm fed up of saying this, so I'm posting this one the forums, and I'm going to pop it everytime someone thinks different to the above.

Because it's getting to me. :0D

I might even explain WHY the Gamecube is as fast as the X-Box later... ;0)

BTW: The X-Box looks rather disapointing at the moment.
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:28
Regular
Unfortunately I have a tendency to scan as I read, and all I managed to pick up was that Gamecube and X-box are equally powerful, and that also the X-box was a disappointment.

I though you were a fan of the Gamecube, but now it is a disappointment just like the X-box.
Or did I miss something?
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:45
why aint this in FOG
Sat 17/03/01 at 03:47
well i want both to push gaming forward but it would be good to see "bill not so good at everything" fail at something. but i doubt it, if someting isn't going right he has the money to fix it quickly unless it's the console it's self
Sun 18/03/01 at 19:32
Regular
GAMES look disapointing, hense why Microsoft faked those picures, HARDWARE is the same power wise.

It's to do with the architechure of the chips... I've got it written down somewhere...
Mon 19/03/01 at 14:52
>> I might even explain WHY the Gamecube is as fast as the X-Box later... ;0)

Well if you drop them out of a window at the same time, they do have the same acceleration.
Mon 19/03/01 at 14:57
Regular
"not dead"
Are you taking wind resistance into account? I think the GC would be faster if you consider this....
Mon 19/03/01 at 15:05
True, true. Maybe I'd need to drop a few to check this.
Mon 19/03/01 at 15:07
"High polygon count"
Wouldn't the immense weight of the Xbox overcome the resistance issues, though?

Damn, those physics lessons seem SO long ago!
Mon 19/03/01 at 15:14
Well we know why there are going to be a lot of GCs and Xboxes sold now. Newtonion physics experiments. Maybe they could take the 'launch' literally, and fire some from cannons.

I'm sure if you look hard enough there's probably a degree course in console ballistics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.