GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE IT..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I was just wondering if any of you could help me, as I was sent here from GC.

I am building a database with Microsoft Access, in which it stores details of members of a video rental store. Does anyone know what the query is called that allows you to add new members?

Thanks
Fri 02/01/04 at 17:06
Me too. Does anyone remember Artisan on the Acorn? That was great.
Fri 02/01/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I passed up A-level IT for the same reasons. For people like us it's just not worth it.
Fri 02/01/04 at 14:23
Regular
Hahah, I remember using BBC's and Acorns at junior school, They we're such beasts.
Fri 02/01/04 at 03:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I spent most of my GCSE IT lessons twiddling my thumbs, either because me and my partner drew the short straw (there weren't enough computers to go around) or because it would take literally twenty minutes and multiple crashes to get everyone logged in to the server. Bear in mind that all the workstations were 80186's running Windows 3.1 for Workgroups back in 1995. Even our server was underpowered, despite sporting a monumental 2GB hard disk giving us lucky pupils a whole 250Kb of disk space each to play with! Eventually in the end they upgraded the room full of BBCs to 486 SX25's, which were no good as they were too powerful to play Scorched Earth with :O(
Thu 01/01/04 at 14:58
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> I remember GCSE IT being reeally boring and crap. That's all.

I agree.

I chose GCSE ICT thinking it'd be great, interesting and most of all useful. Oh how I was wrong...

I spent 90% of my GCSE ICT lessons playing that helicopter game, and really not giving a f**k about coursework. Because it was lame and boring, and the teacher knew nothing about the subject.

I ended up getting an E.

A level computing is more interesting.
Tue 30/12/03 at 03:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, *Pats A in GCSE IT*

Not exactly the hardest subject.

None of the people I know would even open up a computer case (just to trail away from topic)

Shame really, maybe I should set up some sort of computer dude, instead of them forking out 50 quid just so some man can come round and say, "yup, thats broke, gotta take it back to the workshop and charge you 300 quid for some worthless crap"

Friend of mine has an P4, something 2ghz and it sits in his cupboard. Because it won't power up. PSU is probably dead.

I mean, c'mon. And then his old man bought a new one. Something 2.6ghz ish.

Some people have money to burn eh?
Tue 02/12/03 at 22:31
Regular
"bing bang bong"
To add new rows to a table, you need to use an Append query.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:03
Regular
"How Handy."
At GCSE you should only be using forms to enter data, but I think an Update Query is what your after..
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:26
I remember GCSE IT being reeally boring and crap. That's all.
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Digging!"
I would ask your teacher, they are nomally the best resource (and they can see your work and know exactly what you are trying to do).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.