GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/08/00 at 15:25
Regular
Well 1 month after the release of Rare's Latest Blockbuster 'Perfect Dark' many of the players of the game have completed the game on agent and are not dissapointed, or are they...I think that because unlike Goldeneye the storyline to the game was as flexible as Rare wanted it to be and I think that by incorporating aliens into the story Rare thought that the game would be more stimulating for gamers..well actually no, well no in my opinion anyway. I feel that Rare have produced half a game. The storyline seems so all in 2 hours that it somewhat ruins the game, Gamers may think..."well was that it," and rightly so...Now although this maybe the case it sort of leaves the game open for a sequel..and if Rare do indeed decide to produce this sequel what will the storyline be.

I think that Trent will ressurect. Now I don't mean to offend and sound blasphemous but I really think that this could be the path that Rare might take, Trent would Ressurect and because of the Skedar Slash that he took he could be infected with Skedar blood, this would mutate him into Half Human Half Skedar, like in the the film Blade he would have all the strengths and none of the weaknesses or at least none that are obvious...trent could then have more of a reason for the President to give him the Pelagic II or maybe the Pelagic III, if he doesn't he will spill the Prez's Guts all over the Oval Office walls. So Trent Has the Pelagic II and People would assume that he was using it for the same task but no, Trent would go one better and enable a secretly assebled Atlantis Weapon that has the ability to destroy any planet he wants INCLUDING EARTH. This could mean that if Trent decids to destroy an ally alien planet many wars could break out threatening the existance of Earth. This would now give him the opportunity to ask for ransome, but that wouldn't do with all this power and weaponary money will not help, Trent would want the head of Joanna, this would make a superb final battle and could even mean Joanna either being replaced by another agent until she is freed or needing the help of Elvis or even Cassandra De Vries...well did you SEE her die...well then. But it would not be that easy Joanna would have to get certain weapons to open portals and make alliances with certain people and do jobs for them to get what she needs to Find his weakness and Kill Trent Easton FOR GOOD!

The possibilities are many and I think that this is what makes Perfect Dark such a good game in that it has enabled almost limitless posibilities for a sequel. Could Perfect Dark be the first of a great line of Great shoot 'em up games that unfold a trilogy of Perfect Games?!

If you have an Ideal Storyline for a PD sequel then Let us all know by replying!

The Game

[email protected]
Fri 04/08/00 at 15:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well 1 month after the release of Rare's Latest Blockbuster 'Perfect Dark' many of the players of the game have completed the game on agent and are not dissapointed, or are they...I think that because unlike Goldeneye the storyline to the game was as flexible as Rare wanted it to be and I think that by incorporating aliens into the story Rare thought that the game would be more stimulating for gamers..well actually no, well no in my opinion anyway. I feel that Rare have produced half a game. The storyline seems so all in 2 hours that it somewhat ruins the game, Gamers may think..."well was that it," and rightly so...Now although this maybe the case it sort of leaves the game open for a sequel..and if Rare do indeed decide to produce this sequel what will the storyline be.

I think that Trent will ressurect. Now I don't mean to offend and sound blasphemous but I really think that this could be the path that Rare might take, Trent would Ressurect and because of the Skedar Slash that he took he could be infected with Skedar blood, this would mutate him into Half Human Half Skedar, like in the the film Blade he would have all the strengths and none of the weaknesses or at least none that are obvious...trent could then have more of a reason for the President to give him the Pelagic II or maybe the Pelagic III, if he doesn't he will spill the Prez's Guts all over the Oval Office walls. So Trent Has the Pelagic II and People would assume that he was using it for the same task but no, Trent would go one better and enable a secretly assebled Atlantis Weapon that has the ability to destroy any planet he wants INCLUDING EARTH. This could mean that if Trent decids to destroy an ally alien planet many wars could break out threatening the existance of Earth. This would now give him the opportunity to ask for ransome, but that wouldn't do with all this power and weaponary money will not help, Trent would want the head of Joanna, this would make a superb final battle and could even mean Joanna either being replaced by another agent until she is freed or needing the help of Elvis or even Cassandra De Vries...well did you SEE her die...well then. But it would not be that easy Joanna would have to get certain weapons to open portals and make alliances with certain people and do jobs for them to get what she needs to Find his weakness and Kill Trent Easton FOR GOOD!

The possibilities are many and I think that this is what makes Perfect Dark such a good game in that it has enabled almost limitless posibilities for a sequel. Could Perfect Dark be the first of a great line of Great shoot 'em up games that unfold a trilogy of Perfect Games?!

If you have an Ideal Storyline for a PD sequel then Let us all know by replying!

The Game

[email protected]
Fri 04/08/00 at 21:33
I reckon that there shouldn't be one main character. Rare should expand on the 'Mr Blonde's Revenge' theme. As well as playing Velvet Dark or Jonathan on some levels, there should be some levels where you play 'on the other side'.

With Jonathan, as he is supposed to be a great undercover agent, his levels should be based around this. You would have to work your way up the ranks in the enemy base, where you would gain extra knowledge of the people and extra access within the enemy base. How far you can get will affect the missions of the 'infiltration agents'. So the more you complete Jonathan's levels, the easier it will be to play as other characters.

**I'll be posting more as I think of more ideas**
Mon 07/08/00 at 10:38
I'm not sure I would have liked that in the first game though, I mean I wanted to become familiar with Joanna which I feel I have.
In future games I have no doubt rare will take up many of your ideas, but in the form of secret missions. Personally I wasn't as found of Perfect Darks secret missions as GE (oh dear I found one thing I preffer about GE) because they used maps you had already visited.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.