GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Camera - Advice On Buying"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/12/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I am looking to get a Digital Camera for my christmas however my parents don't have a scooby about what to buy and I am in no position to advise them. I need some information from you guys to help me choose. Basically I think my parents said they wanted to get me one for £100-£150 which, lets face it isn't much in respects to a Digital Camera. Ideally I would like a digital video camera however the phrase "That'll be shining" comes to mind. All I really want from my camera really is :

A) A screen so I can see a preview of the picture taken
B) High resolution photograph quality, no less
C) It must be able to connect to my PC so I can use it as a web cam with mates on MSN for the comedy value really.

Anyway they are the three vitals however as I have said the ability to record would be great aswell. If anyone of you can recommed something within that price range then please post your suggestion here (a link would be good too). Thanks guy and gals :D
Mon 01/12/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I am looking to get a Digital Camera for my christmas however my parents don't have a scooby about what to buy and I am in no position to advise them. I need some information from you guys to help me choose. Basically I think my parents said they wanted to get me one for £100-£150 which, lets face it isn't much in respects to a Digital Camera. Ideally I would like a digital video camera however the phrase "That'll be shining" comes to mind. All I really want from my camera really is :

A) A screen so I can see a preview of the picture taken
B) High resolution photograph quality, no less
C) It must be able to connect to my PC so I can use it as a web cam with mates on MSN for the comedy value really.

Anyway they are the three vitals however as I have said the ability to record would be great aswell. If anyone of you can recommed something within that price range then please post your suggestion here (a link would be good too). Thanks guy and gals :D
Mon 01/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
"None Stored"
Steal one.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:55
Regular
I know it's out of your price range but the Fujifilm Fine Pix F410 Zoom looks really good, you could maybe make up the rest of the money yourself

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/
ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId= -1&catalogId=1001&productId=62070
Sun 07/12/03 at 21:13
Regular
ASDA have the 410 on offer at the mo for 199.99.
Mon 08/12/03 at 08:56
Regular
Get this:

http://products.sony.co.uk/ productdetail.asp?id=8_60_2402

It rocks. And it's gone down in price too (mine was the equivalent of £400 - got it in USA).

Really high quality, easy to use, ultra clear display screen. You can also use it as a mini-camcorder to take short movie clips with sound.

Best camera I've had in ages.
Mon 08/12/03 at 19:52
Regular
Personally, I think you should stick to traditional 35mm.
Tue 09/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Look in the web design forum for my post about this. It's not too far back...

I'm buying this:

http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site /product.asp?section=5&cat=57&sub=87&prod=20114

Well, I've already bought one, but it got stolen! I serious want to smash that gits face in.

I'm getting a 256MB card with it too so I can take about 12 minutes of video with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.