GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARHAMMER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/12/03 at 20:20
Regular
i just want to know what all of you people think about warhammer is it for geeks? i just dont know i just want your oppinion thanks i think they look cool myslef if you collect warhammer can you tell me what kind you collect e.g space marines
Mon 01/12/03 at 20:20
Regular
i just want to know what all of you people think about warhammer is it for geeks? i just dont know i just want your oppinion thanks i think they look cool myslef if you collect warhammer can you tell me what kind you collect e.g space marines
Mon 01/12/03 at 20:21
Regular
it looks good but in practise it's just dressed up chess
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:53
Regular
"\\"
It's crap. It's a board game which costs you a billion times more and with a billion more dice which you have to paint. Not worth it.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Not a Jew"
It is fun to paint the models, but that wears off after 5 minutes. And you do need a billion dice like AOE said plus it is a rip off to buy the plastic models that are just junk.
Verdict - Crap with a capital "C"
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Aoe wrote:
> It's crap. It's a board game which costs you a billion times more and
> with a billion more dice which you have to paint. Not worth it.

My feelings exactly. It's a load of overpriced junk. It's just little bits of paintable plastic that cost a few pence to make sold at several pounds a set. Not worth it at all, because it's so DULL, BORING, POINTLESS, TEDIOUS and CHILDISH.
Wed 03/12/03 at 00:20
Regular
It is all brilliantly presented, highly appealing and fun.

Still overpriced, over complicated and they NEVER finish what they start. They have an army to make... they promise to make them but they never do and then they re-make the older models.

Stuff like Gorkamorka that was cheap, easy and fun. I loved it... they brought out extra stuff which was cool... new rules in the Supplement and then................. they didn't finish the models and it just dissapeared.
Wed 03/12/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I used to play Warhammer40k and Realm of Chaos when I was younger.
Fun times, excellent models, and a brilliantly realised universe in both cases (with the exception of the Orks, they were just too silly)
Wed 03/12/03 at 10:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I gave up when the prices started increasing at a phenomenal rate, and the quality of the miniatures went way down. That was about ten years ago!
Wed 03/12/03 at 11:59
Regular
"8==="
Buy yourself the players guide and DM's guide for AD&D.

It's a lot better than tabletop wargaming.
Wed 03/12/03 at 12:01
Regular
"8==="
Alternatively lat me suggest the cardgame Magic: The Gathering.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.