GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARHAMMER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/12/03 at 20:20
Regular
i just want to know what all of you people think about warhammer is it for geeks? i just dont know i just want your oppinion thanks i think they look cool myslef if you collect warhammer can you tell me what kind you collect e.g space marines
Tue 09/12/03 at 00:38
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> A bloody long lasting craze.

No, surely you mean fad. ;D
Mon 08/12/03 at 19:48
Regular
Wheres ma nerd-bustin gun?
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:11
Regular
PS. this post made me all nostalgic and now I'd got all my models out of the cupboard and started playing again! :-D

There's no way I'll EVER spent another penny on it though. :-)
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:10
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> Dark Eldar??? What a cop-out.. the whole point of Eldar is they were
> scary ritualistic weirdos! Avatar's that dripped the blood of
> sacrifices made to create them is hardly a nice friendly elven
> concept is it? So why "Dark" Eldar???
>
> Lot of sh!te. It used to be good.

I think that the original Eldar were sort of selfish rather than being mankinds allies, but not evil. They looked after their own well and well looked after their planets, and wouldn't fight without a reason.

These Dark Eldar seem to be the Chaos corrupt version, who just fight for the sake of fighting.

And yes it's for geeks.
As much as computer games are for geeks.
And as much a writing on an internet forum is for geeks! :-P
Sun 07/12/03 at 21:56
Regular
A bloody long lasting craze.

And if it's cool then how come I don't walk into a bar and talk to the bar maid about Warhammer?

I don't even mention computer games? It doesn't mean i'm ashamed but I don't want them to get an early stereotypical view of me so I leave that information for later.
Sun 07/12/03 at 17:52
Regular
It is not for geeks, it is a hobby that allows people to practise their art skills on little models and make them up. It is a craze and has a lot of variety, making and painting models is actually fun.
Add that to the battles and different armies and you have a large variety of different ways to play this hobby. A great little hobby that can be played by anyone. As long as you are not obsessed with it, it is fine. It is overpriced though and tends to be played by 'geeks', giving it a slightly bad reputation.
Fri 05/12/03 at 11:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Dark Eldar??? What a cop-out.. the whole point of Eldar is they were scary ritualistic weirdos! Avatar's that dripped the blood of sacrifices made to create them is hardly a nice friendly elven concept is it? So why "Dark" Eldar???

Lot of sh!te. It used to be good.
Fri 05/12/03 at 10:26
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> The Dark Eldar from the new edition of Warhammer 40K.
> I boosted my Orcs with a "reduced for clearing" Orka Morka
> but never played Orka Morka, just used them as 40K troops.

The Eldar were far superior to the crappy Darklings.

But GORKAMORKA was the only good thing Warhammer churned out.
Fri 05/12/03 at 02:32
Regular
The other day, me and my mates stayed behind to chat to the teacher about football and music, as he is so socialble. Anyway, we left school 20 minutes late and the people at Warhammer 'club' shouted "geeks" out the window.

Erm...warhammer club...stay behind to have a laugh with the teacher...

We're geeks...hmmm...I don't quite see their links there...
Fri 05/12/03 at 00:08
Regular
And answering the rest of the topic: :-)

I used to collect Ultramarines.
I bought about £300 worth of it over 2 years until computers games stole back my imagination and rights to my finances.

I also had the opposing Orks from the first Warhammer 40K rule set I got.
The Dark Eldar from the new edition of Warhammer 40K.
I boosted my Orcs with a "reduced for clearing" Orka Morka but never played Orka Morka, just used them as 40K troops.

I also talked my younger brother into starting an army of Chaos with a squad of beserkers.

Ofcourse, being the competitive idiot I was, on our first battle, I annihilated them easily with squad of Ultramarine Terminators.

He never ever played me again, let alone bought more models! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.