GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saving PS1 games on PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/01 at 18:30
Regular
I've purchased in Final Fantasy 9 (PS1 Game). I have a Playstation 2 console with a PS2 Memory Card. The problem is that I can't save my game. And I think it's important that you're able to save on such a huge game. It's supposed to work, right? What do I do? Do I need a PS1 memory Card?
Lookin forward to response :)

Stian from Norway.
Thu 15/03/01 at 18:30
I've purchased in Final Fantasy 9 (PS1 Game). I have a Playstation 2 console with a PS2 Memory Card. The problem is that I can't save my game. And I think it's important that you're able to save on such a huge game. It's supposed to work, right? What do I do? Do I need a PS1 memory Card?
Lookin forward to response :)

Stian from Norway.
Thu 15/03/01 at 18:48
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I believe that you have to use a PSone memory card for PSone games.
Thu 15/03/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats true: PSOne memory cards for PSOne games

Ive tried to save PSOne games on my PS2 card before but doesnt seem to work!!
Thu 15/03/01 at 20:44
"High polygon count"
It's been said that you must save a PSone game to a PSone card, but that you can copy saves from PSone cards to PS2 cards for backup purposes. You have to copy the file back to a PSone card again to load it, though.

I haven't tried it, so I can't be sure - but more than one person has said it can be done.
Fri 16/03/01 at 11:11
Thank you. It worked :)
Tue 20/03/01 at 15:31
I have learned the hard way, if you put a non-sony memory card in your PS2 odds on you will lose all saved games. Plus you will not be able to save on it.
Use only Sony Playstation Cards and you will be OK
As for transferring data, I have no other suggestions other than be careful....save 1st onto another card on your Playstation so that you don't lose everything.
Thu 22/03/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have FFIX and have to use my PS1 as everytime I saved using the PS1 memory card in the PS2 I would turn the PS2 off come back to it and the whole PS1 memory card needed formatting. The PS1 card I use isn't offical. Because of this If you want to play PS1 games I would play them on the PS1 just to make sure that it doesn't erase the card. I think offical cards are alright though.
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Playstation 2 memory card can STORE PS1 games.

If you save and load games from a Ps1 memory card you can STORE game saves onto the massive 8mg card by copying them from one to the other
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:42
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> It's been said that you must save a PSone game to a PSone card, but
> that you can copy saves from PSone cards to PS2 cards for backup
> purposes. You have to copy the file back to a PSone card again to
> load it, though.

I haven't tried it, so I can't be sure - but
> more than one person has said it can be done.

Hmm...
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:46
Regular
I`ve definitely stored stuff from PSone onto a PS2 card, but couldn`t load it unless I transferred it back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.