GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shearer for England?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/03 at 00:45
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
He is once again the current top goal scorer and is looking so sharp that he almost cut me when i watched MOTD tonight.

Do England need Shearer in Euro 2004? (i think yes)

Would England stand a better chance of winning Euro 2004 with Shearer in the team? (i think yes)

Could the media, Bobby Robson, Newcastle/England fans, Sven Erikson, my cat - persuade Shearer to don the 3 lions shirt for one last farewell in Portugal? (i think probably yes)

Opinions?
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:46
"Darkness, always"
Doesn't mean they'll do any better either.
Sun 30/11/03 at 16:55
Regular
Yes so? It doesn't mean they'll be crap in Euro 2004.
Sun 30/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
S-Scopeh wrote:
> While france have henry and Trezeguet..

Who both failed to do a single thing at the last major competition.
Sun 30/11/03 at 16:40
Regular
While france have henry and Trezeguet..
Sun 30/11/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I was hoping that he was going to play for us in the World Cup, but his decision was final. You never know, we could of won the World Cup with him, but we'd never be sure now.

Just hope Owen can produce the goods for us in Euro 2004.
Sun 30/11/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Notable"
Indeed, it probably is because of him not playing for england that he is producing. But he is still brilliant and would definatley play if in the set up
Sun 30/11/03 at 12:40
"Darkness, always"
It's because he's not playing for england that he's able to produce his current form in the league. He's said many times that retiring was the right thing to do internationally to help continue his club career. I think if he'd kept on with both, he'd have retired from football by now, and would be a full-time commentator, and as much as I dislike Newcastle, that would be a bad thing for football in gerneral.
Sun 30/11/03 at 12:18
Regular
"360: swfcman"
If i was able to pick the England team, Shearer would be the first on the list. I would love him to come back and play, to be honest, i would love him to come back and play one more game for us.

But its not going to happen, he has said this over and over again, and even admits that retiring from international football is the reason he is doing so well at the moment.

Shame really.
Sun 30/11/03 at 10:45
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
In my heart of hearts i have to agree with you, but weve seen so many occasions when sportspersons have come out of a so-called retirement to have one last pop at things... in Shearers case he isnt retired so a return would be less difficult perhaps.

I think he is still easily Englands best striker and with him in the team the dream of winning Euro 2004 could become a reality.
Sun 30/11/03 at 10:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
He would do well again, but it'll never happen.

He said before the World Cup that there was no chance of him returning, and I really don't see why the situation would have changed now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.