GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS Access Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 01:57
Regular
"How Handy."
I'm setting up a database that will hold a bunch of addresses so they can have Christmas cards sent out to them. So far it's a simple system, just a table, a nice form, and a report for the labels. I've done this same thing a few times before and normally, if 1 company needs more than one card, I'd just type the address in for each card needed (so if 1 company needs 5 cards, i'd have 5 records with the same info, so when the labels printed their be 5 for the one company).

Is it possible to have a field in the table that asks how many cards needs to be sent, and then from that produces the right number of labels? (ie, the company that needs 5 cards, type their data in once and type 5 in the number of cards required field, and then when the labels are printed, still get 5 labels for that company?)

I'm struggling a bit to explain what I mean, but I'd be really grateful for any help, as I need to get this done and the data entered this weekend, and it'd save me so much time if I didnt have to keep entering the same data over and over..
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I wanted that technique so I could allow somone to book multiple appointments on my booking system.

I gave up.

The end.

The system was pretty impressive though, got me an A.
Sun 30/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh it's not as if A-level ever teaches you anything.
Sun 30/11/03 at 16:07
Regular
"How Handy."
Hm, looks like it's the old "stick it in 5 times" trick then :D

(felt a bit embarassed asking, supposed to be doing an A Level in this stuff, heh)
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah you need some external processing for that.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:47
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
I reckon you'd need a bit of VB to do that.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I know what you mean, but I can't think how to do it.

I remember having the same problem with something I was doing...
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'll have a look tonight.
Sat 29/11/03 at 01:57
Regular
"How Handy."
I'm setting up a database that will hold a bunch of addresses so they can have Christmas cards sent out to them. So far it's a simple system, just a table, a nice form, and a report for the labels. I've done this same thing a few times before and normally, if 1 company needs more than one card, I'd just type the address in for each card needed (so if 1 company needs 5 cards, i'd have 5 records with the same info, so when the labels printed their be 5 for the one company).

Is it possible to have a field in the table that asks how many cards needs to be sent, and then from that produces the right number of labels? (ie, the company that needs 5 cards, type their data in once and type 5 in the number of cards required field, and then when the labels are printed, still get 5 labels for that company?)

I'm struggling a bit to explain what I mean, but I'd be really grateful for any help, as I need to get this done and the data entered this weekend, and it'd save me so much time if I didnt have to keep entering the same data over and over..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.