GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Litterbugs."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Litterbugs is perhaps too much of a nice term for these people.

In only the last few days, I’ve seen three separate people deliberately drop litter to the ground. They didn’t even look around sheepishly to see if anyone was looking so they could drop their waste covertly, they just dropped it without a care, almost as if it was acceptable and that litter was suppose to just be dropped in the street.

One guy even had the nerve to be walking about 10 metres infront of me and walking towards me, when he took a magazine out of the carrier bag, and just let the carrier bag fall to the ground on purpose. I would have said something, but I guess I was a bit stunned by his blatant littering (that and the fact he was bigger than me).
One of the others was a simple crisp packet whilst the other was one of those plastic take away food dishes bought from Marks or Sainsburys. Seeing all three just made me feel depressed at the state of some people’s morals and the general way that some people think and behave.

Who litters? Who has been brought up so badly as to think they can drop litter in this way? Do some people not have any scruples with regards to this, to just blatantly drop their rubbish without thinking about spoiling the landscape/making some poor guy pick it up and costing the taxpayer?

I have never littered in my life and never will. Whenever I go to London and buy food or drink, I always keep hold of the wrapper or bottle. Finding a bin in London is difficult as many know, so I’ve had numerous occasions where I’ve ended up taking all my litter home with me to put in the bin, not once have I ever thought of just chucking it on the ground.

The sad thing is, there isn’t really any way of changing people’s attitudes. People who litter on purpose are the same kind of people who show little regard for other rules, it’s the way they’ve been brought up I guess.
Although I’m not a forceful kind of person, one day, just one day I will see someone deliberately litter, and I’ll lose it. I’ll go Pompeii and have such a go at them that they’ll never go out on a dark night let alone drop litter, because it just really cheeses me off and I don’t want to tolerate that crap from people who think it’s acceptable.
If only they could be caught and put on a community service scheme. They could be made to walk the streets wearing a big sign around their neck saying, “I’m a littering scumbag”, and pick up litter from the streets, maybe with only their teeth.

What made me laugh a few months ago was an idea put forward to make fast food outlets responsible for clearing up the mess their shops create. The onus is not on the individual to clear their own rubbish away, no of course not, it’s the shops fault for the littering, so it’s their responsibility to clear up after their helpless customers! These people can’t use a bin, so the shops must clear up after them. Pathetic.

I’m off to stakeout atop a big tree with a good vantage point, and spy on any would-be litterbugs, ready to pounce…
Sat 29/11/03 at 13:59
Regular
I agree on everything you've said. I've had friends before in the past where they just walk along by happily and litter. I told them to stop and now they have but its disgusting the amount of people that think carelesly about the environment by littering all the time, and its even worse when a bin is a couple of meters away. Ive always kept my rubbish in my pocket till i reach the nearest bin, but seeing litter everywhere makes a place look dingy.
Fri 28/11/03 at 22:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Azul wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> i used to walk home from school (4.5 miles)
>
> No wonder you wrote "used to" - 4.5 miles? Fun fun fun.

Actually it wasnt so bad.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Maybe the thrill of getting caught turns them on. You know, like people who have sex in pubic. I mean public.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Totoro wrote:
> I’m off to stakeout atop a big tree with a good vantage point, and
> spy on any would-be litterbugs, ready to pounce…

Hell, I'll come with you.
I'm sure I've got a couple of airguns somewhere, and I can buy a pair of scopes at the local "sport" shop - 20% sale at the mo'.

But I agree wholeheartedly.
I'll admit, only on the odd occasion, I've dropped something. But I never do if there's a bin anywhere to be seen. But I cut it down completely now, and I hate people with a passion who just dump a whole load of stuff on the ground.

cookie monster wrote:
> i used to walk home from school (4.5 miles)

No wonder you wrote "used to" - 4.5 miles? Fun fun fun.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:08
Regular
Bit cheesed off.. went down town for a bit and its filthy, digusting and full of school kids who seem to think their hard.
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The trouble with littering is that it’s the sort of thing that’s very difficult to catch someone doing.
I guess it’s like dog owners who let their mangy beasts foul on the pavement or people using mobile phones whilst driving, they can only be caught if the police happen to see them.

Though if a police squad car was driving along and they saw someone drop a crisp packet, would they bother to get out and do something about it? I doubt it.
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
So Glasgow is like that too.
Nasty.

It's also rather horrible when you blow your nose after going to London. You get a thick black paste come out.
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah well, still horrible.
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep

You get that layer of invisible grime on your face, need to give it a good wash everytime I come home.
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
London that is, not Glasgow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.