GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamestock Reaction"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/01 at 11:50
Regular
I have just read the Gamestock Reaction on dailyradar and what they said surprised me. First I do have a DC and a PS2 and I am a fan of consoles that provide good games, so I was considering getting an Xbox at launch. However after reading the Gamestock Reaction I have decided to wait and not buy one at launch. I was expecting reports that said Xbox games look 100 times better than PS2 games, but what I found was reports that said things like “The Xbox stuff left me completely unimpressed”, “looked nearly as good as games running on the PS2” and “First, let me say that the Xbox sucks”. What is going on? Are dailyradar PS2 lovers or what? I now that some of the PS2 launch games where not very good, but I never heard comments like that, it makes me glad that I have my PS2, and because the Xbox is based on PC Technology me might not see the games getting a hole lot better, where as we can already see how much better PS2 games are getting(ZOE, Starfighter, etc).

This is my own opinion, and I may be wrong but the Xbox is looking like just another console to me. There are still a few months to go until it comes out, but so far my money is on the PS2 (but then again I am not a betting man)
Thu 15/03/01 at 11:50
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have just read the Gamestock Reaction on dailyradar and what they said surprised me. First I do have a DC and a PS2 and I am a fan of consoles that provide good games, so I was considering getting an Xbox at launch. However after reading the Gamestock Reaction I have decided to wait and not buy one at launch. I was expecting reports that said Xbox games look 100 times better than PS2 games, but what I found was reports that said things like “The Xbox stuff left me completely unimpressed”, “looked nearly as good as games running on the PS2” and “First, let me say that the Xbox sucks”. What is going on? Are dailyradar PS2 lovers or what? I now that some of the PS2 launch games where not very good, but I never heard comments like that, it makes me glad that I have my PS2, and because the Xbox is based on PC Technology me might not see the games getting a hole lot better, where as we can already see how much better PS2 games are getting(ZOE, Starfighter, etc).

This is my own opinion, and I may be wrong but the Xbox is looking like just another console to me. There are still a few months to go until it comes out, but so far my money is on the PS2 (but then again I am not a betting man)
Thu 15/03/01 at 11:56
"High polygon count"
Daily Radar are most definitely NOT PS2 lovers, as they have posted some very negative things about it in the past.

I have said in the past, as has Grix, that the Xbox isn't that big a jump from the PS2 in real terms, and it would seem that we were correct.

Obviously it's still early days, and things may improve. I've said all along that I don't rule out buying an Xbox, but at the moment, I have seen nothing from it that makes me go "Wow! I must have one!" in the same way that PS2 did.
Thu 15/03/01 at 12:03
Regular
"not dead"
So.... it...... was...... all.... hype...... then.......?

There's a surprise!

Anyone that was looking forward to the XBox had obviously been brainwashed by Microsofts evil marketing men! ;-)

Thu 15/03/01 at 12:36
"High polygon count"
It does seem that many people are opposed to 'progress' though. They jumped on Sony when PS2 was launched, and now they have a new 'enemy'.

Maybe they just object to anything new?
Thu 15/03/01 at 13:12
Regular
I have to say the two things that do make me want to buy an X-Box are Halo and MSR (or whatever it'll be called)

I think that the X-Box will do a lot better than most people on here think..........
Thu 15/03/01 at 15:17
I've just read DR's thoughts on the XBox games they've had hands on experience with, and they weren't slagging them off. Am I in an alternate reality here?

As much as I'd like to see MS screw up the XBox, I just can't see it happening. Even if the controllers look rather, er, interesting (spot the euphemism).
Thu 15/03/01 at 18:23
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> It does seem that many people are opposed to 'progress' though.
> They jumped on Sony when PS2 was launched, and now they have a new
> 'enemy'.

Maybe they just object to anything new?

That is very astute! I totally agree with that. It is a very strange thing, and one that people don`t realise they are doing. All it takes is a few voices in influential positions, and then all the sheep follow (no offense SHEEPY). It is so weird.
Thu 15/03/01 at 18:30
Regular
Daily Radar completely ripped off the post I did... :D

My personal console chart before Gamestock.

1) Gamecube
2) X-Box
3) PS2
4) GBA

NOW.

1) Gamecube
2) PS2
3) GBA
4) X-Box

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.