GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something strange...in your neighbourhood...unrelated incidents..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
So Mr non-Irish Dell man decides to turn up to replace my brand new PC's hard drive, as the old one broke, so now I can return and speak from my own room! Excellent! However, I lost all my files and Napster songs, lost loads of reviews that were about to be put on SR, and now I have to restore everything.

I have just received my prize for gameaday - Moto GP, and still, despite my teeny review praising the game (not a very honest review...), I have to find fault with the game. The sense of speed...What sense if speed? The graphical distortion? It's just as bad as ever, but the game is fairly good to play.

The PS2 version of Crazy Taxi will be interesting - it may well prove to be the best selling game of the year (although Black and White is bound to stomp all over the record book - how many pre-orders???), and maybe, just maybe it will show off what the PS2 is capable of, although it's likely to look worse visually than the DC version, but if it's identical (because the modes etc will be) then it will be a worthy title for the black box of unperformed tricks.

I come back here to find Er-No is ruling the forum - well played Joby, but has anyone got any gaming news that they want to post in this topic thing? I will be very please if BRFC beat whoever they are playing on Saturday (they beat Birmingham 2-0 today...!!!)

Anyone been to Gamespot.com? Good site

Let's all wonder why T&F is such a great game, but they've covered the graphical hitches up with motion blur on the PS2 version. How mean! I wanted to laugh...

I will be getting Daytona USA soon, and Crazy TAxi remains the most playable game ever - I must re-get Le Mans 24!!

Cheers for reading
Thu 15/03/01 at 17:46
Regular
Grass in nature: Jaggy, and random...
Thu 15/03/01 at 08:13
Wookie - I don't know why but the grass seems to have jagged lines all the time - anyway, the replays are excellent - starting with the visor screen: superb.

Your Honour - I think they have to because there aren't many top games and Sony know that Sega will bring a heck of a lot of gameplaying satisfaction to disgryntled PS2 owners, like myself. However, on the Crazy Taxi front - the prospect of playing simultaneous 4 player split screen games and with the ability to pick up as many customers as you like? It's getting me fermenting at the mouth! Ney York here we come!

Later
Wed 14/03/01 at 23:00
Regular
Why DO console screen shots never look as good as the actual game, whereas in PC mags they do?
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:57
"High polygon count"
> The graphical distortion? It's just as bad as ever, but the game is
> fairly good to play.

???

I do sometimes wonder if you play teh same versions as the rest of us Dan! My version looks fine - honestly!

> although it's likely to look worse
> visually than the DC version

:-)

I have a nice piccy of DC Crazy Taxi in a mag. Looks like RR5 on the jaggie front. (PSM2, issue 6, page 28 if you don't believe me.)
Wed 14/03/01 at 22:43
So Mr non-Irish Dell man decides to turn up to replace my brand new PC's hard drive, as the old one broke, so now I can return and speak from my own room! Excellent! However, I lost all my files and Napster songs, lost loads of reviews that were about to be put on SR, and now I have to restore everything.

I have just received my prize for gameaday - Moto GP, and still, despite my teeny review praising the game (not a very honest review...), I have to find fault with the game. The sense of speed...What sense if speed? The graphical distortion? It's just as bad as ever, but the game is fairly good to play.

The PS2 version of Crazy Taxi will be interesting - it may well prove to be the best selling game of the year (although Black and White is bound to stomp all over the record book - how many pre-orders???), and maybe, just maybe it will show off what the PS2 is capable of, although it's likely to look worse visually than the DC version, but if it's identical (because the modes etc will be) then it will be a worthy title for the black box of unperformed tricks.

I come back here to find Er-No is ruling the forum - well played Joby, but has anyone got any gaming news that they want to post in this topic thing? I will be very please if BRFC beat whoever they are playing on Saturday (they beat Birmingham 2-0 today...!!!)

Anyone been to Gamespot.com? Good site

Let's all wonder why T&F is such a great game, but they've covered the graphical hitches up with motion blur on the PS2 version. How mean! I wanted to laugh...

I will be getting Daytona USA soon, and Crazy TAxi remains the most playable game ever - I must re-get Le Mans 24!!

Cheers for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.