GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slaughterhouse (Short Story)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/03 at 19:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
I wait in a crowded space with mud for a floor and cages for walls, the stench of excrement befouling my nostrils. My mother is at my side and her rapid fast breaths panic me even more. My brother is to my other side, silent and unmoving. He is trying to act tough because he is the eldest, but I know he is petrified just like the rest of us. The dim light that breaks through the bars lights up his soft pink face and I can see him twitching softly, watching and awaiting the inevitable.

I hear the creak of the door opening and the soft sound of boots padding across the supple ground. A bearded man opens the caged wall and grabs my mother by her legs and drags her screaming from the muddy prison we have been kept in. After a short panicked silence my brother and I hear a deafening squeal of terror and, pushing our eyes to the bars, we behold the same gut-wrenching sight. My mother hung upside down by her legs and the bearded man tearing her stomach lining with a large silver blade.

I watch in a trance as he removed her organs one by one and then takes her down and lays her on a cold slab, her dead eyes staring vacantly towards me. The man cleans the bloody blade on a rag and then comes towards the cage again. The door groans as it opens and this time it is my brother who is grabbed by his legs and dragged out. The man stabs two huge hooks through my brother’s legs and leaves him dangling in mid air. He squeals in protest and wriggles but only manages to make the holes in his legs larger. Blood trickles down his pink thighs and panics him even more. The man approaches him and in one swift move cuts his throat with the large knife he is brandishing.

I’m numb with fear; my whole world has been taken away from me. I cower at the back of the dirty cage, shivering in fear and awaiting my imminent death. After what seems like an eternity I hear the door open again and a woman’s voice speaks out, “I hope you haven’t killed that little piglet yet!” The man replies in a gruff voice, “No, but I’ve killed the sow and the bigger pig; they’ll make a nice few pork chops.” The woman lets out a thoughtful “Umm” before continuing; “Well I’m glad you’ve not killed the piglet yet…we’ll fatten him up first.”
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
Are they lyrics possum?
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:25
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
When you read this / I will not be the same
I have let my true form show
this is my last / lost in all my guilt
for letting you fall / understand it wasn't me
but I can't dream without showing intentions
as I ask these questions / where were you
now I can't see through your eyes
I remember the day the sun went out
It halted all progression with all its beauty
it just sacrificed / we fell apart
Sincerely yours I've disowned you [x3]
Sincerely yours I've disowned us
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:22
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Pretty good and in depth.

Goes especially well when listening to the last half of the song

' Slice Paper Wrists ' by Poison The Well : )
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kyz21 wrote:
> He is trying to act tough because
> he is the eldest, but I know he is petrified just like the rest of
> us.

Muh? MUH?

Hehe
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Et why is a pig acting like a human?
>
> Eh? EH?

Haven't you seen Babe ?
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Et why is a pig acting like a human?

Eh? EH?
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
"\\"
Nice. *thums up*.

But how'd you know pigs understand English huh? huh!? HUH!?
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Actually, what is it with all these stories?

And killing?
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well that was the biggest laod of tosh I've read in a while.....

Enough about my Shakespeare homework, onto the story. Saved by a fat (probably) woman with a moustache (probably). I knew it was about the pigs from the start, but descriptions were suitably shocking, even knowing this. Interesting perspective on a pigglets life as he see's his family killed.
Well done.
:)
Thu 27/11/03 at 19:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
I wait in a crowded space with mud for a floor and cages for walls, the stench of excrement befouling my nostrils. My mother is at my side and her rapid fast breaths panic me even more. My brother is to my other side, silent and unmoving. He is trying to act tough because he is the eldest, but I know he is petrified just like the rest of us. The dim light that breaks through the bars lights up his soft pink face and I can see him twitching softly, watching and awaiting the inevitable.

I hear the creak of the door opening and the soft sound of boots padding across the supple ground. A bearded man opens the caged wall and grabs my mother by her legs and drags her screaming from the muddy prison we have been kept in. After a short panicked silence my brother and I hear a deafening squeal of terror and, pushing our eyes to the bars, we behold the same gut-wrenching sight. My mother hung upside down by her legs and the bearded man tearing her stomach lining with a large silver blade.

I watch in a trance as he removed her organs one by one and then takes her down and lays her on a cold slab, her dead eyes staring vacantly towards me. The man cleans the bloody blade on a rag and then comes towards the cage again. The door groans as it opens and this time it is my brother who is grabbed by his legs and dragged out. The man stabs two huge hooks through my brother’s legs and leaves him dangling in mid air. He squeals in protest and wriggles but only manages to make the holes in his legs larger. Blood trickles down his pink thighs and panics him even more. The man approaches him and in one swift move cuts his throat with the large knife he is brandishing.

I’m numb with fear; my whole world has been taken away from me. I cower at the back of the dirty cage, shivering in fear and awaiting my imminent death. After what seems like an eternity I hear the door open again and a woman’s voice speaks out, “I hope you haven’t killed that little piglet yet!” The man replies in a gruff voice, “No, but I’ve killed the sow and the bigger pig; they’ll make a nice few pork chops.” The woman lets out a thoughtful “Umm” before continuing; “Well I’m glad you’ve not killed the piglet yet…we’ll fatten him up first.”

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.