GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Beatles albums?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've always liked The Beatles, but I've never owned any of their albums. I downloaded a few tracks today - "I'm Only Sleeping", and "Taxman", and I already had songs like "Strawberry Fields", "Yellow Submarine" and "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". So, going on those tracks - what albums should I be buying? Don't say "The Best of The Beatles", because I'm a strong believer that albums should be listened to as a whole, instead of singling out certain songs. I'm thinking "Revolver" and "Sgt Peppers", sound about right?

PS - I can't stand drippy nonsense like "Let It Be" *shudders* I'd rather listen to The Frog Song!
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've always liked The Beatles, but I've never owned any of their albums. I downloaded a few tracks today - "I'm Only Sleeping", and "Taxman", and I already had songs like "Strawberry Fields", "Yellow Submarine" and "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". So, going on those tracks - what albums should I be buying? Don't say "The Best of The Beatles", because I'm a strong believer that albums should be listened to as a whole, instead of singling out certain songs. I'm thinking "Revolver" and "Sgt Peppers", sound about right?

PS - I can't stand drippy nonsense like "Let It Be" *shudders* I'd rather listen to The Frog Song!
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:38
Regular
aw, I was going to say 'the best of the beatles' just for the alan partridge comedy factor.

I have every album ever released on one CD, in WAV format.

the quality is A1 so don't ask me how it all fits on.

I haven't listened to a whole lot of it, just my favourite tracks like :

Lucy in the sky with diamonds
Strawberry Fields
I saw her standing there
Penny Lane
etc etc
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:39
"Darkness, always"
There is only one version of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds worth listening to.

Yes, you guessed it, the absolutely godly William Shatner version.

And no, I'm not joking. It's awesome.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I have every album ever released on one CD, in WAV format.

*coughs*
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> There is only one version of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds worth
> listening to.
>
> Yes, you guessed it, the absolutely godly William Shatner version.

Heh, I've heard it! Recently too! He's sucha freak-bag - have you heard his rendition of Mr Tambourine Man? He just freaks out! Rocket Man is good for a laugh too.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:42
"Darkness, always"
I've heard quite a few. The man is a genius. Far more talented than Leonard Nimoy, who's stuff is crap by comparison.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They have a duet album...I've seen it, but not heard it.
Thu 27/11/03 at 16:52
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> They have a duet album...I've seen it, but not heard it.

the climax is their rendition of especially for you
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't own any... 'apparently' Revolver is the best.
Fri 28/11/03 at 08:57
Regular
Did some research on the Beatles recently for a friend of mine, Sgt. Peppers was one of the first albums that was recorded AS an album, so yeah, that and Revolver.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.